Programming in Cypher

Sean R

Aug 2, 2017, 5:13:01 PM8/2/17
to Neo4j
Hi All,

Cypher/CQL is pretty neat and efficient query language.
I enjoy it while using for data manipulations and retrieving.

However, will it be expanded, so that we can do programming in CQL? Something similar to PL/SQL in Oracle world.?

APOC is there, but it requires lot of JAVA skillset and deployment is really challenging, as always with Java.
Is there any direction towards Cypher programming ?

Thanks
Sean

Michael Hunger

Aug 2, 2017, 7:22:28 PM8/2/17
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Sean,

it's planned for the future to have "something like CypherScript".

What is your actual use-case where you need server side programming?

If you're more familiar with JavaScript you could try out the neo4j-script-procedures that allow you to write JS to interact with the DB. https://github.com/neo4j-contrib/neo4j-script-procedures

Cheers, Michael

Kamal Murthy

Aug 3, 2017, 12:41:21 AM8/3/17
to Neo4j, michael...@neo4j.com
Hi Michael,

Thanks for that link. I didn't know about that. Awesome!

-Kamal

Sean R

Aug 3, 2017, 4:29:40 PM8/3/17
to Neo4j, michael...@neo4j.com
Hi Michael,

Thanks for your inputs and the JS link.
I didn't have any situation where I need to develop Cypher programming as of now.

I haven't started real development of my proposed project. We just did couple of POCs so far.

Regards,
Chandra