Performance problems during import / conversion

Flavio 123

Jun 25, 2018, 1:44:56 AM6/25/18
to Neo4j
Hello

We import via Java or apoc.load.jdbc about 100'000 nodes to Neo4J 3.4.0. The import script consists of several steps. Among other things, the original graph is converted into an extended graph, which consists of about 500'000 nodes at the end.

The complete import takes about 3 minutes. But, we had to implement sleeps of 20 seconds between the steps. Otherwise the import takes a multiple of 3 minutes.

* Indexes are created (with "CREATE INDEX ON :NodeXY(fieldXyId)") .
* Indexes are ONLINE (tested with "CALL db.awaitIndex(':NodeXY(fieldXyId)')"

What could be the reason for the needing of the sleeps? Are the indexes not online? How can we check if Neo is ready for next queries/conversions?

Thanks for your help!

Flavio 123

Jun 26, 2018, 4:34:55 AM6/26/18
to Neo4j
I have posted the question also on Stackoverflow: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51038362/performance-problems-during-neo4j-import-conversion-with-multiple-steps
Still is any feedback welcom, since the QM will not accept sleeps in our code...

George & Sherin

Jun 26, 2018, 5:34:05 AM6/26/18
to ne...@googlegroups.com

Are you really using those indexes in the load process. If not I would suggest you to do the data load and do the index creation at the end.

George S