2.2.0 and explain

Clark Richey

Apr 13, 2015, 3:02:59 PM4/13/15
to ne...@googlegroups.com

Hello,
I recently upgraded to 2.2.0 and am trying to profile a query using explain. I am getting an error that explain is an unknown command. I’m sure I’m doing something stupid and would appreciate help. Example shell session below.

[root@ruby clark]# cd /opt/neo4j-enterprise-2.2.0/bin
[root@ruby bin]# ./neo4j-shell
Welcome to the Neo4j Shell! Enter 'help' for a list of commands
NOTE: Remote Neo4j graph database service 'shell' at port 1337

neo4j-sh (?)$ EXPLAIN match (n:Place {_geocoded:'true'}) return count (n);
Unknown command 'explain'

Clark Richey

CHIEF TECHNOLOGY OFFICER

  240.252.7507
  CL...@FACTGEM.COM
  WWW.FACTGEM.COM

This message and any included attachments are property of FactGem and its affiliates, and are intended only for the addressee(s). The information contained herein may include trade secrets or privileged or otherwise confidential information. Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing, copying, distributing, or using such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, or have reason to believe you are not authorized to receive it, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender by e-mail. Thank you.

Clark Richey

Clark Richey

Michael Hunger

Apr 13, 2015, 3:43:18 PM4/13/15
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Also in case there is an issue with the keyword in the shell you can always test:

CYPHER 2.2 EXPLAIN ...

Am 13.04.2015 um 21:14 schrieb Clark Richey <cl...@factgem.com>:

So…..answering my own question so far, it seems that the DB failed to properly upgrade on my last deployment and when I restarted it reverted to the old application version. Attempting to upgrade the DB now.

Clark Richey

Apr 13, 2015, 7:41:24 PM4/13/15
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. Correctly upgrading did solve the problem

Is the 2.2 cost based planner the default? I couldn't tell from a quick glance at the code. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

Michael Hunger

Apr 14, 2015, 6:13:31 AM4/14/15
to ne...@googlegroups.com