Dependency problems when using neo4j-harness

Martin Junghanns

Nov 4, 2015, 1:48:22 PM11/4/15
to Neo4j
Hi,
I am working on a Neo4jInput-/OutputFormat for Apache Flink [1]. The input format uses the
REST API to stream cypher query results into Flink tuples. At the moment I am testing against a
running Neo4j instance, which I now want to replace with decent unit testing. I played around with
neo4j-harness as documented [2].
The problem is, that as soon as I get Flink and neo4j-harness into the same maven project, the
dependencies conflict. I tried to figure out what causes the problems using maven exclude mechanism.
There were different versions for jersey and Scala (neo4j uses more recent versions). Of course I
cannot exclude dependencies from flink as I want to contribute the Format to Flink eventually.

Is there maybe another, more slim way to test Neo4j with REST? I just need to send Cypher queries,
nothing fancy.

Thanks in advance!

Best,
Martin