Re: [Neo4j] Data Directory in Ubuntu / Service start/stop

robobeans

Mar 11, 2013, 3:21:16 AM3/11/13
to ne...@googlegroups.com, robobeans
Let's say you downloaded this file from Neo4j website: neo4j-community-1.9.M05-unix.tar.gz

If you uncompress it using:

$ tar -zxvf neo4j-community-1.9.M05-unix.tar.gz

you will get a directory named neo4j-community-1.9.M05

if you go to data directory under neo4j-community-1.9.M05

$ cd neo4j-community-1.9.M05/data/

you can create a directory named graph.db

$ mkdir graph.db

you can use this directory to dump database files.

once you load data into neo4j graph database, you will several files like following

active_tx_log
lock
messages.log
neostore
neostore.nodestore.db
neostore.propertystore.db
neostore.propertystore.db.arrays
neostore.propertystore.db.index
neostore.propertystore.db.index.keys
neostore.propertystore.db.strings
neostore.relationshipstore.db
neostore.relationshiptypestore.db
neostore.relationshiptypestore.db.names
nioneo_logical.log.1
nioneo_logical.log.active
tm_tx_log.1

neo4j.properties could be used to tune mapping settings. you can find details here:  http://docs.neo4j.org/chunked/stable/configuration-io-examples.html

you can start service like this:

./neo4j-community-1.9.M05/bin/neo4j start

stop:

./neo4j-community-1.9.M05/bin/neo4j stop

check status

./neo4j-community-1.9.M05/bin/neo4j status

On Mar 10, 2013, at 8:31 PM, Monosij <monosij...@gmail.com> wrote:

In installing Neo4j under Ubuntu, noticed that the data file graph.db is stored under /var/lib/neo4j/data.

- My question was is this the only file that data is stored in?

- Is it possible to add more data files or is it not necessary?

- I checked in /etc/neo4j/neo4j.properties but did not see any properties there to add data files  in.

Is there a list of all the properties available for Neo4j?

Also, in Ubuntu what is the command to start / stop the Neo4j service?

Tried 'sudo service neo4j stop' - as well as 'neo4j-shell stop'

Says unrecognized service.

Thanks for your help.

Monosij

Craig Taverner

Mar 17, 2013, 6:29:17 PM3/17/13
to ne...@googlegroups.com
If you used the debian/ubuntu package, then the service is named 'neo4j-service' not just neo4j. Confirm this be checking if you have the file /etc/init.d/neo4j-service. You can stop the service with either 'sudo service neo4j-service stop' or 'sudo /etc/init.d/neo4j-service stop'. This service will run one database in one location. Editing the location of the data directory in /etc/neo4j/neo4j-server.properties will use a new location of the entire service. If you want multiple databases on the same computer, rather install neo4j manually as in robobeans answer (and in that case be sure to use different locations and port numbers for each instance).

kumaresan perumal

Jul 3, 2016, 6:18:22 PM7/3/16
to Neo4j
Yes, you are right.  I have been using neo4j graph DB. installed in ubuntu. then when i tried to start using this command "
sudo service neo4j-service stop | start". that did not work. Finally i used this command "sudo service neo4j stop | start". it worked for me. thanks.