Slow Index Deletion

Craig Waterman

Mar 9, 2017, 4:16:17 PM3/9/17
to Neo4j
Hi all,
When using Neo4j in a test environment I'm often letting it wipe indexes and recreating schema/indexes before tests.

I've noticed extreme slowness with (on the order of 2 to 4 seconds per drop index statement)
DROP INDEX ON :Label(property)

I've tested using the docker image on OS X and homebrew installs; and am experiencing this issue when running from SSD or RAM disk.
I've attempted clearing all nodes and relationships, I've even tried from a clean database with nothing but the constraints and indexes.
This issue occurs in 3.0.x and 3.1.x, including enterprise.

FWIW, I do not have this issue on Ubuntu machines.

Any tips or additional troubleshooting help is appreciated, thanks!

Thanks,
-Craig

Michael Hunger

Mar 9, 2017, 5:21:31 PM3/9/17
to ne...@googlegroups.com
How many nodes do you have in those indexes?
What is your heap config for your tests?
How do your run the tests?

Could you raise this as an issue on github.com/neo4j/neo4j/issues ? Thanks a lot