Is there a way to update the relationship all in once?

yan....@nutanix.com

Dec 20, 2016, 5:38:50 PM12/20/16
to Neo4j
Hi,

I'm new to graph database, and we want to use it as a way to store all the dependencies. I'm trying to see if there is a way which i can update the relationship of a node all in once without doing tons of deletes and merge. For example: both node a and node b are linked to c and is there a way i can update all the relationship (remove linked and add node e and link to c) to one node all in once?

I have thought about create a lock object for write request and block the read/write until the lock is released but this is just ugly.

Thanx,
Yan

Michael Hunger

Dec 20, 2016, 7:14:55 PM12/20/16
to ne...@googlegroups.com
The apoc procedure library has a number of such graph refactorings, that can redirect relationships in one go.

You can also join neo4j.com/slack and ask there.

HTH

Michael