Create legacy indexes gets permission denied? py2neo 2.0.8 and neo4j 3.2.1

Alan Robertson

Jul 5, 2017, 10:09:25 PM7/5/17
to Neo4J
I'm trying to get back to the Assimilation project and update it to more
modern versions of Neo4j and py2neo.

Because of limitations of Neo4j and the history of the code it makes
extensive use of legacy indexes, and doesn't use labels at all.

So, I'm doing a legacy.get_or_create_index() and getting permission
denied.

Has that finally gone away? Or did I break something?

--
Alan Robertson
al...@unix.sh

Alan Robertson

Jul 5, 2017, 10:29:57 PM7/5/17
to ne...@googlegroups.com
I wrote this simple little test program...

import py2neo
from py2neo import neo4j
py2neo.authenticate("localhost:7474", "neo4j", "SomeRandomPasswordString")
graph = neo4j.Graph("https://localhost:7474")
graph.legacy.get_or_create_index(neo4j.Node, "FooBar")

It goes into an infinite recursion loop in get_or_create_index().

Is this a problem with using 3.2? With the version of py2neo? Or something else?

--
  Alan Robertson