Detour de Connecticut, back for its 7th year -- 50% dirt for 118 miles

Justin Eichenlaub

Aug 16, 2017, 11:48:59 AM8/16/17
to New England, Unpaved
Hi folks --

I help to promote the free, self-supported, mixed terrain Detour de Connecticut that will be running for its 7th straight year this September in beautiful eastern CT. The full route is just shy of 200K and takes in a lot of excellent, smooth crushed stone rail trails (Airline and Hop River trail) in addition to some excellent dirt road stretches in the Meshomasic Forest. 50% dirt, 50% paved. Very reasonable climbing. Great food options at the center of the bow-tie route in lovely Willimantic, CT, including a great co-op and a restaurant that does an excellent, fast lunch called Not Only Juice. Easy to make it a shorter ride if you aren't feeling the full distance.

Register here -- required, but free!: https://www.bikereg.com/33741

Route and cue info and rider founder's musings here: http://detourdect.blogspot.com/

Feel free to email with any questions, Justin  eiche...@gmail.com

Christian Bratina

Aug 16, 2017, 12:01:58 PM8/16/17
to ne-un...@googlegroups.com
Justin,

I have wanted to join you on this ride for years but something always comes up.  This year I have to vacation with my family in NH. Drat.  Thanks for putting this on!

We have a small cycling club in Litchfield that does a number of dirt road rides in NW CT every year.  If you can make it over this way, I can add you to our email ride list.

Christian Bratina
Litchfield, CT 06759
860/459-8272