ADK trail race

Mike Beganyi

Feb 10, 2015, 5:20:54 PM2/10/15
to ne-un...@googlegroups.com
http://www.theadirondacktrailrace.com

Looks like a good time. Can't wait to see the route.

Brian Postlewaite

Feb 10, 2015, 5:56:25 PM2/10/15
to ne-un...@googlegroups.com
Mike,

This is pretty cool; I look forward to seeing how this turns out, even though it is probably not in my current stamina to undertake.

Reminds me of the Great Divide Bike Race using the ACA's Great Divide Mountain Bike Route.

It also makes me wonder if a similar route could be created in VT. Do you know how much of the Catamount Trail is bikeable in the summer?

~Brian

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 5:20 PM, Mike Beganyi <mike.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
http://www.theadirondacktrailrace.com

Looks like a good time. Can't wait to see the route.

Mike Beganyi

Feb 10, 2015, 6:09:18 PM2/10/15
to ne-un...@googlegroups.com
There is almost a route in VT. Lots of single track, snomo trail and dirt roads. There are a couple of property crossing issues that need to be sorted - but I think it's pretty close. MA to CA. Pretty rugged. I'm going to attempt it next fall. There was rumor of an unifficial running of it this spring / summer. But I think you need to do it late summer or late fall - otherwise it will be to wet and too overgrown.