Stowe Gravel Worlds - Group ride

John Spinney

Sep 21, 2016, 9:44:35 AM9/21/16
to New England, Unpaved
I started these up earlier in the summer.

This Saturday

8am

Starts in the Stowe bike path parking lot across from Black Cap coffee (but we do not ride the bike path).

95% gravel ride including a class 5 section

Aggressive ride with a strong group. Lots of climbing. Really fun ride.

John Spinney, Waterbury, Vermont

Sep 21, 2016, 9:46:37 AM9/21/16
to New England, Unpaved
This is about a 2 hour ride.

Daniel Jackson

Sep 21, 2016, 10:10:42 PM9/21/16
to New England, Unpaved
Trying to gauge whether or not I'm likely to get dropped - what is total mileage and elevation for this likely 2 hour ride?

Thanks,
Daniel in the NEK

John Spinney, Waterbury, Vermont

Sep 22, 2016, 5:34:18 PM9/22/16
to New England, Unpaved
Hey Daniel
I'm not going to lie it is a fast group. Most do gravel grinders and get into the breakaways in those. It's about 30 miles with just under 3000 ft of gain. About 2 hours if we are hammering.

Jeffrey Kane

Sep 23, 2016, 9:47:17 AM9/23/16
to New England, Unpaved
Ha! That's just under double the elevation for my regular "training" route, which, I generally complete in just under 2 hours ... 1000' per 10 miles @ 15mph avg. is approaching manly territory, that's for sure.

Daniel Jackson

Oct 2, 2016, 7:53:35 PM10/2/16
to New England, Unpaved
You run these every Sat?