Groton State Forest VT

Mike Beganyi

Nov 4, 2014, 3:38:15 PM11/4/14
to ne-un...@googlegroups.com
Overnight from Plainfield to Groton State Forest. We rode some rough stuff on bike packing rigs - but lots of options (and about 80% of our route) can be had on skinny tires.

Report here:
http://littlecirclesvt.com/2014/11/bikepacking-groton-state-forest/

Jon

Nov 4, 2014, 4:33:37 PM11/4/14
to ne-un...@googlegroups.com
That looks like such an awesome trip, thanks for sharing! If your route was mapped I'm very interested in seeing.

Jon

Mike Beganyi

Nov 4, 2014, 6:06:10 PM11/4/14
to ne-un...@googlegroups.com
This is what we did:

With the exception of starting and stopping at a friends house.
We had Positive Pie for breakfast on day 2 after 16 miles of riding. Delightful place for food.

Other roads to consider:
Hardwood Mountain Road (south of our route)
Seyon Lodge area
Old logging roads on the sat maps south of Butterfield Mt.
And then heading north look for Bayley Hazen Rd, which you can follow through Hazen's notch up near Jay ... a road I have ridden which is wonderful.