Vermont, Unpaved Weekly

Daniel Jackson

Jul 19, 2016, 9:25:01 PM7/19/16
to New England, Unpaved
Dear Vermonters (and any visitors that might like to join),

I'm considering starting up a regular weekly or biweekly majority unpaved riding group to explore northern VT's dirt roads.

Proposed rides would range from 20-50 miles with 2000-5000 ft. elevation gain depending on day of the week, daylight available, and group aspirations. Terrain might rarely include some of the great Class IV roads in the region that would make you want something in the 50mm tire range. This group might also be a jumping off point for bikepacking trips in the region. These variables all depend on who joins and how we shape the group.

Riding area would roughly cover from Berkshire/Franklin to Newport, as far south as Johnson or so. Epicenter would be either side of the Greens - Westfield to Montgomery Center.

Any interest out there? Does something of this nature already exist?

Thanks much and look forward to hearing from the list.

Best,
Danny J. in Montgomery Center, VT

Guy Washburn

Jul 20, 2016, 6:35:24 AM7/20/16
to New England, Unpaved
I'm very interested but live in the wrong state (MA). Sounds like a blast! Have fun.