Riding the Rat Traps through Estabrook Woods

Rod Holland

Nov 7, 2015, 10:43:47 PM11/7/15
to New England, Unpaved
Ever since mounting a pair of 52mm Compass Rat Trap Pass Extralights on my Surly Trucker DeLuxe, I've been meaning to try that combination out on some of the local abandoned carriage roads, typically rooty, rocky, hilly bits of fun. Today I rode two of the nearest, Estabrook Road and Two Rod Rod, in Concord and Carlisle, MA. The tires did what I needed them to do, and if I had had the skill to ask for more, I expect they would have delivered. Ride report at http://www.bikeforums.net/northeast/518426-metro-boston-good-ride-today-201.html#post18302243. 39 miles, 40% of that dirt.

rod