Chinese Christmas?

Cat Link

Dec 18, 2013, 9:33:13 PM12/18/13
to nc-triangle...@googlegroups.com
Terry mentioned this in the Banana Leaf discussion...

I had a good response to the Super Wok Christmas dinner a few years ago! The place was packed so it worked out that a few people didn't come since a few unexpected folks did.

I would like to do this. I really enjoy the discussion process of choosing the menu once we all are present - like the GK meals. It helps get everyone comfortable and chatting! Seems to end up between $18 - $22 including tip per person.

I'd be happy to do this at GK, Super Wok or Captain J's. I haven't been to Super Wok in a while so I'm leaning that direction. But the last GK dinner they were really on top of their game so I would not be opposed to a revisit.

So who is interested?! Preferences? Time?

Cat
Meatn3

rory kirshner

Dec 18, 2013, 9:50:14 PM12/18/13
to nc-triangle...@googlegroups.com
Cat; I'm up for this, shade of my childhood, though I don't have a car so that just makes GK possible for me (I live in Carrboro). In my case that would be 3 people

Terry Grunwald

Dec 18, 2013, 9:54:43 PM12/18/13
to nc-triangle...@googlegroups.com
We’re in.  Open as to time and place.

Dave Salman

Dec 18, 2013, 10:12:42 PM12/18/13
to nc-triangle...@googlegroups.com
We (2) are in if it is a dinner gathering.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 18, 2013, at 9:33 PM, Cat Link <cat_...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Terry Grunwald

Dec 19, 2013, 5:51:41 PM12/19/13
to nc-triangle...@googlegroups.com
So, Cat, David, and Rory are interested.  Rory — only for GK.  So how do the rest of you all feel about a jaunt to Carrboro?  We can try to carpool.  Any other takers?

Cat Link

Dec 19, 2013, 7:55:16 PM12/19/13
to nc-triangle...@googlegroups.com
So it looks like 8 so far! I'm game for carpooling from Raleigh and I'm happy to drive.

Cat

Dave Salman

Dec 19, 2013, 7:56:50 PM12/19/13
to nc-triangle...@googlegroups.com
Carrboro works for us.

Dave

Terry Grunwald

Dec 20, 2013, 12:28:32 PM12/20/13
to nc-triangle...@googlegroups.com
So, Gourmet Kingdom on Christmas Day.  Do we have a time?  Is 7 pm, OK?

The list so far:
1. Terry
2. Bernie (spouse)
3. Cat
4. Dave Salmon
5. Dave + 1
6.  Rory
7.  Rory + 1
8. Rory + 2

Anyone else?  Just posted on SE Board.

Courtney Kirshner

Dec 20, 2013, 2:46:31 PM12/20/13
to nc-triangle...@googlegroups.com
7pm is great; thanks everyone for being so understanding about the location:)

and yes my group is 3, me and my 2 parents.

Dave Salman

Dec 20, 2013, 3:36:52 PM12/20/13
to nc-triangle...@googlegroups.com
Yes, 7pm is good for the two of us.

Dave

Cat Link

Dec 20, 2013, 3:46:09 PM12/20/13
to nc-triangle...@googlegroups.com
7 is good for me. Looks like they are open as per website but perhaps we should call.

Terry Grunwald

Dec 20, 2013, 4:37:11 PM12/20/13
to nc-triangle...@googlegroups.com
All arranged for 7 pm on 12/25 with David at GK.    We can definitely accommodate more but please give me as much advance notice as possible.  Likewise if there are any dropouts.

Cat Link

Dec 20, 2013, 4:51:18 PM12/20/13
to nc-triangle...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for setting us up Terry! Did they say we could get a lazy susan table?

If we don't get anymore Chowhounds I may have a few people who would be interested...I think the big tables can accommodate 12 or so.

Just an fyi to those who have not been to GK - parking is limited so add a little extra time for locating a spot!

Cat