Is NaCl also deprecated?

anatoly techtonik

Jun 7, 2017, 11:37:09 AM6/7/17
to Native-Client-Discuss
https://developer.chrome.com/native-client/migration mentions (P)NaCl. Does that mean that both PNaCl and NaCl will be shut down?

Brian Pearce

Sep 30, 2017, 5:36:04 PM9/30/17
to Native-Client-Discuss
Did you ever find an answer to this?  It is amazing that over 3 months have passed and this question has been asked in several threads here, but there is still not one answer.  That suggests to me that either the developers stopped listening right away, or they aren't allowed to say (which is never good news).

Dmitry Sagalovskiy

Sep 30, 2017, 6:49:01 PM9/30/17
to native-cli...@googlegroups.com
I am not an official developer, but I believe the answer is yes, both are deprecated. Chrome team has stopped working on both, so yeah, developers aren't really listening. And Chrome browser will stop supporting both.

However, the project is open-source, and the usages of NaCl outside of Chrome browser may still be supported by the community. I think this style of sandboxing is a fantastic project, and would love to support it, but in practice, there doesn't seem to be enough of a community, so don't count on it.

Dmitry