Problems using PNACL GDB debugger

Brian Gavin

Mar 31, 2015, 4:30:05 PM3/31/15
to native-cli...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to use the PNACL GDB debugger.

I am using Chrome 41 with Pepper SDK 41.  I use the VS_Addin to build my project.

When using the release version of the .pexe, it runs fine, but when I try to use the debug version I am having problems.

I get the error.

Load failed [NaCl module load failed: PnaclCoordinator: Compile process could not be created: ].

and in the developer console I get this error.
NativeClient: PnaclCoordinator: Compile process could not be created:

This is what my .nmf file looks like

{
  "program": {
    "portable": {
      "pnacl-translate": {
        // url is required
        "url": "PNaCl\\newlib\\Release\\PNaCl_WEB.pexe",

        // optlevel is optional
        "optlevel": 0
 },
      "pnacl-debug": {
        // url is required
        "url": "PNaCl\\newlib\\Debug\\PNaCl_WEB.bc",

        // optlevel is optional
        "optlevel": 0
 }
    }
  }
}

Anyone have any ideas.  My .bc file is quite large 20.5 MB.

Thanks
Brian Gavin

Jan Voung

Apr 1, 2015, 6:43:53 PM4/1/15
to native-cli...@googlegroups.com
What flags are using when you run chrome? I.e., what it listed under chrome://version "Command Line: "?

Besides --enable-nacl-debug, you also need to have --no-sandbox. Otherwise, I also see the "Compile process could not be created" message when I leave out the --no-sandbox.

I'm not too familiar with the VS_AddIn, so "--no-sandbox" could be something that was accidentally left out of any debug-related automation.

- Jan