moderating native-client-discuss

dsa...@gmail.com

Aug 7, 2017, 3:11:46 PM8/7/17
to Native-Client-Discuss
This group has been receiving recurrent spam of recruiting messages. I thought the admins for the group were merely inactive, but it seems worse than that. I tried to contact the owner about it, and it seems the owner is "bsy" who is no longer at Google and his email address doesn't work.

Does this group have an admin?

It may not be a very active group these days, but it has many members, and some of us still use and care about Native Client, so let's not just give it up to spammers.

Dmitry

Bennet Yee (余仕斌)

Aug 7, 2017, 6:15:12 PM8/7/17
to Native Client Discuss
hi dmitry and other list members,

my apologies and apologies on the behalf of my former colleagues about the recent spate of recruiting spam, since none of us had been paying much attention.  as far as i can tell, there was a single email address that was responsible for all the recruiting spam.  that address has now been banned from the list.

just FYI, bsy@google was my email address when i was at google, but that address was in the group manager role (there could be many group managers), not group owner.  that distinction falls to another current googler.

i've removed my old google address from the group, since email was just getting dumped into the bit bucket.

while i still have a weak spot in my heart for NaCl, i don't know whether i can consistently pay attention to the group going forward.  i haven't been working for google for about a year now, and hadn't been working on NaCl for a few years before that, after it became painfully obvious that the no-APIs-for-NaCl-that-JS-doesn't-have policy was strangling it.  i'm not sure what the other managers/owner think of adding new blood to help moderate this list, so instead of unilaterally adding you as a group manager, i think we should have a discussion here first, esp since the list owner might object/veto.

there hasn't been any discussion that i know of about how to run these lists or how to have some kind of community governance or whatever, so i think we are breaking new ground.  personally, i can't think of any reason not to have more help.

bennet s yee
i usually don't capitalize due to mild tendonitis

Ben Smith

Aug 8, 2017, 6:00:55 PM8/8/17
to Native-Client-Discuss
Hello all,

I'll try to keep an eye on the list so it doesn't get overrun by spammers.

-Ben

Zixiong Miao

Aug 9, 2017, 2:02:46 AM8/9/17
to Native-Client-Discuss
This group is not activated for a long time.

在 2017年8月8日星期二 UTC+8上午3:11:46,dsa...@gmail.com写道: