Porting a library with no config.sub file or without configure script

M. B.

Mar 12, 2016, 11:03:09 AM3/12/16
to Native-Client-Discuss
Hello,

Sorry if this is a silly question - I am just learning to use NaCl and I haven't found answers here that answer my question.
I am trying to port the C++ NTL library . The problem is, that although there is a configure script included, there is no config.sub file.

Running
TOOLCHAIN=glibc NACL_ARCH=x86_64 ~/webports/src/build_tools/nacl-configure.sh ./configure

from the packages' src/ directory fails with:

Failed to find patch 0 location in configure script: ./configure
Failed to find patch 1 location in configure script: ./configure
Failed to find patch 2 location in configure script: ./configure
Failed to find config.sub (./config.sub).
Please specify using $CONFIG_SUB.

Can you please point me in the right direction on how to proceed?
Also, I have another library that doesn't even have a configure script, but has a Makefile. Will I still be able to port it?

Best regards,
M.B.

Ben Smith

Mar 15, 2016, 9:09:10 PM3/15/16
to Native-Client-Discuss
I believe the autotools will add config.sub for you. Often the generated files are checked in, but sometimes they aren't and automake will need to be run.

Joel Schantz

Apr 4, 2016, 8:55:23 PM4/4/16
to Native-Client-Discuss
Did you try adding CONFIG_SUB_MISSING=1 ?

you may also be able to (re)generate one with autoreconfig