pnacl used for sandboxing and ticking script

timp

Apr 22, 2015, 5:03:01 PM4/22/15
to native-cli...@googlegroups.com
Greetings,

I come searching for a solution to the same problem I have had for now 13 years.  Never ever goes away.  I asked this same question about a year and a half ago on this forum.  Maybe there have been changes.

I have a program A.
Program A is not Chrome, does not have anything to do with Chrome.

There is a script B.

program A needs to load + sandbox script B and tick it.

like:

Script *B = sandbox_and_load("some_pe_file_name_or_whatever");
B->initialize("some_invocation", some_args_maybe_serialized_whatever, some_interface_of_callable_functions_I_provide);
B->tick(the_current_time);
B->tick(next_current_time);
B->shutdown();

script B cannot be in a different process or thread than program A.
script B will have no dependencies, mostly just matrix math.

--

can PNACL be used for this?

single process, single thread, multiple scripts, sandboxing them and ticking them with a provided "library" interface.

Have there been any other technologies in the last 1.5 years dealing with sandboxing in process?  Like some "llvm" sandbox mode or something?

Has there been any emergence of a jit-ting language agnostic VM which is BSD and also not in "save the world" mode (like Java was and then C#, python is too slow)?

Thanks,

-tim