PPAPI pepper native 64bit build

kjpou1

Jun 1, 2016, 5:03:53 AM6/1/16
to Native-Client-Discuss
Hello all

Another newbie question.  I did a search but still have not found anything.

When building the .dll instead of .pexe or .nexe I use the TOOLCHAIN=host, in this case "win", to build.  This is done via VS 2013 x86 Native Tools command prompt.  This will then build an x86 bit plugin.

If I wanted to build a x64 bit plugin can this be done?

I ask because if I use the VS 2013 x64 Native tools command prompt I keep getting the following error:

>make TOOLCHAIN=win

  CXX win/Release/main.o
  LINK win/Release/hello_unstripped.dll
ppapi_cpp.lib(websocket_api.o) : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'X86' conflicts with target machine type 'x64'
Makefile:21: recipe for target 'win/Release/hello_unstripped.dll' failed
make: *** [win/Release/hello_unstripped.dll] Error 1112

I have tried changing the CFlags parameters in the makefile but still does not change anything.

Is building a 64bit plugin possible using the method described above?

Thanks in advance.

Ben Smith

Jun 1, 2016, 6:44:15 PM6/1/16
to Native-Client-Discuss
You should be able to rebuild the other libraries (ppapi_cpp.lib in this case) to make this work -- look in the src directory of the NaCl SDK.

But I'm not sure whether the 64-bit plugin will work if you are using 32-bit Chrome.