Nexe crashed during startup when debugging is enabled through chrome flags (LINUX only)

Joe Bruggeman

Jul 22, 2015, 5:04:40 PM7/22/15
to Native-Client-Discuss
I noticed today that my app crashes during startup when I set the debugging flag in chrome 43. I'm pretty sure this exists on chrome 44 as well.

It doesn't happen on OSX, but it happens on a standalone Ubuntu 64 bit and 32 bit Ubuntu VM.

Has anyone else seen this? It doesn't crash when I don't set the flag, and it crashes immediately (before I can try to connect gdb).

Joe Bruggeman

Jul 23, 2015, 11:51:50 AM7/23/15
to Native-Client-Discuss, j.bru...@gmail.com
I just confirmed that this issue doesn't exist on Windows 7 32 bit with Chrome 44.

Joe Bruggeman

Aug 11, 2015, 10:54:35 AM8/11/15
to Native-Client-Discuss, j.bru...@gmail.com
Bump! Any solution? I'm pretty blocked on this as I'm working on i686 code.

Ben Smith

Aug 12, 2015, 6:24:23 PM8/12/15
to Native-Client-Discuss, j.bru...@gmail.com
Is it just your app, or does debugging of any nexe have the same problem? Perhaps you can make a minimal repro case? What is the full version number of Chrome?

I just tested debugging in Chrome 44.0.2403.155 Linux 64-bit and it worked properly here.

Are you setting the debug flag via chrome://flags or via the commandline? We typically test using the --enable-nacl-debug flag.

Joe Bruggeman

Aug 19, 2015, 3:59:42 PM8/19/15
to Native-Client-Discuss, j.bru...@gmail.com
I will try to make a minimal repo case.

It's just our app so far. I set the flags via the command line and it doesn't crash, but it also doesn't wait for a debugger to attach (I did this by tossing the flags after /opt/google/chrome/chrome). I just tried it again on Chrome 44.2403.155.

Our app has about 9 libs we package with the app and we compiled it using the glibc toolchain. Perhaps that could cause the issue ?