Multicast IGMP group join socket option

Warren Young

Apr 29, 2015, 5:14:10 PM4/29/15
to native-cli...@googlegroups.com
On looking at the PPAPI socket option support, I don't see an equivalent of

    setsockopt(sd, IPPROTO_IP, IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP, ...

This is needed to allow something like the VLC plugin to receive IPTV streams.

Is this an intentional limitation or an oversight?

Alexey Bleikher

Oct 2, 2015, 12:48:34 AM10/2/15
to Native-Client-Discuss, tan...@west.etr-usa.com
Hi,

I checked also, that  setsockopt(IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP) with use nacl_io returns the error 38. Probably this was restricted in nacl.
Can anybody know what the main reason of the restriction?

Thanks,
Alexey