Step by step debugging of the NaCl code like GDB

lyf4 Science

Aug 26, 2015, 3:07:18 AM8/26/15
to Native-Client-Discuss
Hi Experts,

How to debug the NaCl and js file packaged app extensions using debugger in step by step execution mode.

Regards,
Lyf

Blank

Sep 6, 2015, 5:44:32 AM9/6/15
to Native-Client-Discuss
hi,lyf4,i want to know it to ,as https://developer.chrome.com/native-client/devguide/devcycle/debugging#running-nacl-gdb this doc's said ,it cannot work,use "target remote localhost:4014" ,timeout. and http server is running,chrome is running too.

在 2015年8月26日星期三 UTC+8下午3:07:18,lyf4 Science写道:

lyf4 Science

Sep 9, 2015, 2:13:03 AM9/9/15
to native-cli...@googlegroups.com
Hi Blank,

I am getting poor support from this forum.

There is no proper admin I guess for this forum.

Regards,
Lyf

Blank

Sep 9, 2015, 4:31:21 AM9/9/15
to Native-Client-Discuss
 yeah,there are no admi to manage it may be.
solve it ourself,you project can run on gdb?what's your problem?my project can run on deployment but cannot on gdb,i found the output info is “NaClDescConnCapConnectAddr:initial connect message could not be sent”,the .nmf file is not run.i guess is the compile flags or run flag not right.keep going !

在 2015年9月9日星期三 UTC+8下午2:13:03,lyf4 Science写道:

On Sun, Sep 6, 2015 at 3:14 PM, Blank <btk...@gmail.com> wrote:
hi,lyf4,i want to know it to ,as https://developer.chrome.com/native-client/devguide/devcycle/debugging#running-nacl-gdb this doc's said ,it cannot work,use "target remote localhost:4014" ,timeout. and http server is running,chrome is running too.

在 2015年8月26日星期三 UTC+8下午3:07:18,lyf4 Science写道:
Hi Experts,

How to debug the NaCl and js file packaged app extensions using debugger in step by step execution mode.

Regards,
Lyf

Blank

Ben Smith

Sep 10, 2015, 2:33:49 PM9/10/15
to Native-Client-Discuss
Make sure you are running chrome with the --enable-nacl-debug flag. You can tell if it is set, because when your Native Client module starts, you will see output in the terminal that started Chrome saying that it is waiting for a debug connection.

haly...@chromium.org

Sep 11, 2015, 3:05:14 AM9/11/15
to Native-Client-Discuss
On Sunday, September 6, 2015 at 12:44:32 PM UTC+3, Blank wrote:
hi,lyf4,i want to know it to ,as https://developer.chrome.com/native-client/devguide/devcycle/debugging#running-nacl-gdb this doc's said ,it cannot work,use "target remote localhost:4014" ,timeout. and http server is running,chrome is running too.

I just realized, there is one common pitfall not mentioned in documentation - you need to terminate all chrome processes before relaunching chrome with necessary command flags. Otherwise, chrome command line parameters will be ignored and a new tab/windows of existing chrome will be opened instead.

-- Andrey Khalyavin

Ben Smith

Sep 11, 2015, 12:43:40 PM9/11/15
to Native-Client-Discuss
That's a good point, Andrey. Another solution is to run Chrome with --user-data-dir=<some/path>. This will launch Chrome with a new profile, and it will be able to run without closing all Chrome windows.

-- Andrey Khalyavin