FFMPEG PNACL after completing the process successfully ends up crashing

Arjun Ganesan

Jan 3, 2017, 12:47:45 AM1/3/17
to Native-Client-Discuss, Ramaprasanna Chellamuthu
Hi,

I am using this ffmpeg pnacl build from http://neo.idletime.tokyo/enu/ffmpeg_pnacl/index.html . I use it to convert file type. But after successful completion I am getting this message in developer console "NativeClient: NaCl module crashed"

Here is a sample embed tag I use

<embed id="fwz9fai8r4" width="0" height="0" src="ffmpeg.nmf" type="application/x-pnacl" ps_stdout="dev/tty" ps_stderr="dev/tty" ps_tty_prefix="" arg0="ffmpeg" arg1="-y" arg2="-v" arg3="warning" arg4="-stats" arg5="-nostdin" arg6="-i" arg7="adszmy4ms6_video_only.webm" arg8="-i" arg9="adszmy4ms6_audio_audio_final.mp3" arg10="-strict" arg11="-2" arg12="-preset" arg13="ultrafast" arg14="adszmy4ms6_merged.mp4">

Does this mean these is a problem with the parameters I pass or there is a problem with the build I use or this how the ffmpeg nacl behaves.

Sam Clegg

Jan 6, 2017, 11:15:25 AM1/6/17
to native-cli...@googlegroups.com, Ramaprasanna Chellamuthu
Hi Arjun,

The "NaCl module crashed" message can be misleading since it is also
shown when a module exits, or returns from its main function. NaCl
modules are never supposed to exit in this way, but are managed by the
DOM. Assuming that this is what is happening, you can either ignore
the message or you can try adding PS_EXIT_MESSAGE parameter, which
tells the ppapi_simple library to send a message to JavaScript rather
than actually exiting the process.

cheers,
sam

Arjun Ganesan

Jan 7, 2017, 3:42:53 AM1/7/17
to Native-Client-Discuss
Hi Sam,

I can't ignore it. After multiple crashes chrome throttles further process creation leading to unexpected results.

Can you point me to any sample on how to use PS_EXIT_MESSAGE ?

Thanks in advance.

Sam Clegg

Jan 11, 2017, 11:26:28 AM1/11/17
On Sat, Jan 7, 2017 at 12:42 AM, Arjun Ganesan <ar...@calicom.com> wrote:
> Hi Sam,
>
> I can't ignore it. After multiple crashes chrome throttles further process
> creation leading to unexpected results.
>
> Can you point me to any sample on how to use PS_EXIT_MESSAGE ?

Check out using_ppapi_simple in the examples/tutorial directory of the
SDK. Or online here:
https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src.git/+/master/native_client_sdk/src/examples/tutorial/using_ppapi_simple