Performing read/write operations, add/delete routes etc. on Chrome OS

Ashish Bansal

May 11, 2017, 8:32:01 AM5/11/17
to Native-Client-Discuss
Hi everyone,

I have build a library using NaCl toolchain, which performs read/write operations on files or add/delete routes using system calls etc.

If I use it in Chrome application being created for Chrome OS using NaCl toolchain, will it work fine ?

--
Regards,
Ashish Bansal

Derek Schuff

May 12, 2017, 12:57:18 PM5/12/17
to Native-Client-Discuss
I don't think it will work. The NaCl sandbox prevents access to system calls by design. In Chrome/CrOS, only the Pepper APIs (https://developer.chrome.com/native-client/c-api) are used to get outside the sandbox, and in general if something isn't possible with JavaScript in the browser, it's not possible with NaCl.