Timestamp

Giovanni Iamonte

Mar 2, 2017, 8:19:21 AM3/2/17
to Native-Client-Discuss
Hi everyone

We are using the pepper_47 api, to develop a plug-in to stream audio/video. In some PCs, we noticed a strange behavior regading the video frame timestamp.
When we get video frames there is a timestamp associated to each one. The timestamp should be the seconds elapsed between the first frame and the n-frame.
We have noticed that in some PCs (with Windows OS) the timestamp is not correct and It tends to drift, increasing more and more his value in  comparing with the system time.

In other words, let say, after 2000 frames, the timestamp tell us that 102 secs are elapsed while the system time tell us 100 secs.

I would like to stress that this happens only in some PCs.

One more cue, regarding the audio frame the elapsed time is always correct.

Is there a way to fix this strange behavior ?

regards

Bill Budge

Mar 3, 2017, 4:07:02 PM3/3/17
to Native-Client-Discuss
Could you provide more information about which video decoder (hardware or software) you are using? For hardware decoding especially, Pepper is a thin layer over the video encode/decode machinery in Chrome. You might also post on chromium-dev about video decoding: