Bug : afl-fuzz complains the binary isn’t compiled with instrumentation whereas I did

lael.c...@gmail.com

Mar 28, 2017, 3:57:42 PM3/28/17
to Native-Client-Discuss
Hello,

I compiled mount.exfat-fuse with instrumentation.
I also compiled an instrumented version of glibc which I made required in order to be able to run the program (I just linked against glibc instead of libc in order to achieve that).

In order to start the program without instrumentation, copy glibc.so.6 in /tmp and create the /tmp/libc.so.6 symlink which point to /tmp/glibc.so.6 (the daemon won’t actually mount a filesystem because I’m only fuzzing the superblock and so I modified the code in order to exit() after the superblock parsing function completes)
At least, it should still print a nice usage message without arguments, except if you don’t install my version of glibc in /tmp (it will segfault if don’t do it correctly).

I didn’t something special, concerning the arguments passed to afl-gcc at compile time
mount.exfat-fuse
main.o
glibc.so.6.xz

lael.c...@gmail.com