Build Opencascade in Native Client

Ruize Li

Jun 13, 2015, 6:03:43 AM6/13/15
to native-cli...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I am trying to experiment opencascade cad engine in chrome browser.

Opencascade community edition: https://github.com/tpaviot/oce

Installation of oce in unix: https://github.com/tpaviot/oce/blob/master/INSTALL.Unix

Native Client seems promising, but I'm completely new to it. Also I found that opencascade is not in the naclports list.

Wondering what would be the steps to complete this task, I went through the two tutorials and building session in native client website, but still quite confused about where to start. Hope you guys can give me some help.

Thanks.

Sam Clegg

Jun 18, 2015, 5:25:49 PM6/18/15
to native-cli...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ruize,

It looks like oce used cmake, which is already supported by naclports
so getting started with the port should be fairly straight forward
(see README.rst and CONTRIBUTING.rst in the naclports repo for how to
get started with new port).

Since oce is clearly a 3d graphical app the biggest pain point is
likely to be getting the rendering side up and running. If oce has
support for OpenGLES2 already your job should be pretty easy as this
is provided by Chrome. If it relies on OpenGL desktop then you can
try using Regal, which a library designed to emulate one GL version in
terms of another. If can fails you can also try using mesa which
provides software implementation of GL. Both of these helper
libraries are already in naclports.

cheers,
sam

eric sherouse

Jun 19, 2015, 12:29:47 AM6/19/15
to native-cli...@googlegroups.com
Ruize:

I don't think I need to mention how much impact CAD in a browser would have. I've been working on a port for OCE and NaCl for a while with a few other people. I sent you a few things that might help.

Eric

Andrea Bittasi

Jul 4, 2016, 12:25:06 PM7/4/16
to Native-Client-Discuss
Ruize:

was you able to complete your experiment?

Eirc:

I am interested on the hints you gave to Ruize. Could you send me your suggestions?

We are thinking about a Chromium based application using HTML5+JS as user interface but we need to use OpenCascade engine to work on CAD files.

Thank you in advance.