seg fault on OSX with Canary --enable-gpu-benchmarking --no-sandbox / chrome.gpuBenchmarking.printToSkPicture

Steven Taylor

Apr 9, 2017, 5:28:21 PM4/9/17
to Native-Client-Discuss
Is filing a bug like this useful to anyone? If so where do I do that? Is this even the appropriate forum? Thanks.

My ultimate aim is to use chrome.gpuBenchmarking.printToSkPicture('/tmp/file.mskp') from a JavaScript console.

Will this method appear in regular Chrome with the appropriate switches (I was using these: --enable-threaded-compositing --force-compositing-mode --enable-impl-side-painting --enable-skia-benchmarking --allow-webui-compositing --enable-gpu-benchmarking --no-sandbox)

NB. the seg fault happens with --enable-gpu-benchmarking + on a mid 2015 MacBook Pro.

Must I be using Canary for this printToSkPicture method to show up. I wondered if this method had made it to regular builds by now? ie. it was necessary to use Canary in 2013/2014.

Has this technique been been disabled from the public build? I read a few threads alluding to "internal use".

... just trying to track down if the feature still exists + subsequently, how to best use it.

thanks,
-Steven

Steven Taylor

Apr 10, 2017, 5:52:10 AM4/10/17
to Native-Client-Discuss
I did get a 2016 version of Chrome to produce .skp files. I did get a "missing API keys" message, but this doesn't *seem* to get in the way at this point. It's a nice feature. It'd be good to know if we can rely on it being there in the future.

Derek Schuff

Apr 10, 2017, 11:49:24 AM4/10/17
to Native-Client-Discuss
This list is for discussion about Native Client specifically, not Chrome generally. Bugs can be filed against Chrome at https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium and there's also the chromium-dev list (https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/#!forum/chromium-dev) for discussion about Chrome development.