Re: [native-client-discuss] jsfs read/write calls don't appear to be sending anything to the page

Sam Clegg

Nov 23, 2015, 4:33:15 PM11/23/15
to native-cli...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Nov 22, 2015 at 7:30 AM, Dennis Kane <dka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> First of all, I had to hack on some of the KernelProxy internals in nacl_io
> to get the mount command to recognize the "jsfs" filesystem type.
> (Otherwise, it just returned ENODEV.)
>
> Then I tried editing files in vim and nano, expecting the read/write calls
> to be sent to the page, but nothing happened. It just wrote successfully
> like it would to html5fs. (The files showed up just like normal in the
> "HTML5 FileSystem Explorer" Chrome extension.) Nothing came into the
> NaClProcessManager's message handler. I expected to see objects coming in
> with fields like cmd, offset, filedes, etc.

It seems like you are still writing an html5fs. Where are you
writing your files (what absolute path)? Where did you mount your
jsfs filesystem?

> I wonder if anyone has actually tested this in a real web app.

Dennis Kane

Nov 23, 2015, 4:40:49 PM11/23/15
to Native-Client-Discuss
I DELETED THIS ONE JUST AFTER WRITING IT!

See the updated topic, "Issues with jsfs"...