Extracting the outputs/results from an executed .pexe file

Tal Glozman

May 11, 2016, 2:13:59 PM5/11/16
to Native-Client-Discuss

Hello,

My name is Tal Glozman and I'm doing a project in the university. My goal in this project is to convert a C++ program in to a .pexe file with PNaCl in order to execute it later on a remote computer. The .pexe file will contain some mathematical formulas or functions to be calculated on a remote computer, so I’ll be basically using the computational power of the remote computer. For all this I’ll be using the nacl_sdk with the Pepper library and I will be grateful if someone could clarify some things for me:

  1. Is it possible to save the outputs of the executed .pexe file on the remote computer in to a file, if it’s possible then how? Which file formats are supported?
  2. Is it possible to send the outputs of the executed .pexe file on the remote computer automatically to the host computer, if it’s possible then how?
  3. Do I have to install anything for that to work on the remote Computer?

Could you please help me or refer me to someone who can, I didn't find any similar questions in other forums and I didn't get any answers to those questions anywhere so far.

Any suggestions will be appreciated

Tal

Derek Schuff

May 11, 2016, 2:20:33 PM5/11/16
to Native-Client-Discuss
pexe files are executed in the Chrome browser (running on the "remote" computer in the use case you describe). You can interact with the program in the pexe via Javascript (e.g. the postMessage API and its equivalent in Pepper on the pexe side). In that way you can get the program's output and do with it whatever you want (that you are able to do in Javascript). This could include sending it back to the web server.

Tal Glozman

May 11, 2016, 6:28:01 PM5/11/16
to Native-Client-Discuss

Just to make it clear, I’m not expecting to get a complete solution from someone, just suggestions and ideas.

Thanks a lot

Tal

Bennet Yee (余仕斌)

May 11, 2016, 6:29:33 PM5/11/16
to Native Client Discuss

I suggest looking at the folding at home code

plz xqs typos riting via fone

Tal Glozman