IIS Web Server to host NaCl

liong f

Dec 13, 2011, 8:37:42 AM12/13/11
to Native-Client-Discuss
I tried to use Microsoft IIS Web Server to host NaCl application but
it doesn't seem to work.

I then tried to add MIME types (.nmf - application/x-nacl), but it
doesn't seem to work either.

I had no problem at all to host the NaCl app in the built-in NaCl web
server or Apache web server, but I want to test it in IIS Web Server.

Any suggestion? Any configuration needed on IIS?

Thanks.

Nick Bray

Dec 13, 2011, 1:22:27 PM12/13/11
to native-cli...@googlegroups.com
I don't think we've seen this issue before.  It does, however, seem like something we should figure out.  More information is needed.  Open the JavaScript console (ctrl+shift+J) and click on the "Network" tab.  (Re)load the page that isn't working.  Take a screenshot and send it in - it should show what files are requested, their mime types, etc.  It probably won't be needed, but creating the same screenshot for an Apache server might help triangulate the issue.  Also, check what the "readyState" and "lastError" attributes of the embed tag are after it fails to load.  You should be able to use the JavaScript console to poke around in the DOM.

Kavya KN

Nov 21, 2013, 12:47:40 AM11/21/13
to native-cli...@googlegroups.com
Even I'm facing the same problem. Can you tell me what's the MIME type for .nmf and .nexe files? Are both application/x-nacl?

Nick Bray

Nov 21, 2013, 1:49:27 PM11/21/13
to native-cli...@googlegroups.com
From Chrome's point of view, I don't think the content type reported by the web server really matters.  It may matter to the web server, however, if it's trying to helpfully transform line endings in binary files.

.nmf files should probally be application/json.
.nexe files should probally be application/x-nacl or application/octet-stream
.pexe files should probally be application/x-pnacl or application/octet-stream

That being said, you should really follow the debugging advice I previously gave.  Figuring out why it isn't loading is the fastest way to fixing it, and there's a good chance your problem has nothing to do with the web server.  (For example, .nexes can only be loaded from inside a Chrome App or if you pass --enable-nacl to Chrome on the command line.  .pexes should work in Chrome 31 without any restrictions.)

Sedat Sert

Jul 24, 2015, 4:17:31 AM7/24/15
to Native-Client-Discuss, ncb...@google.com
.nmf - application/json.