GSOC -2015 Support for Rust Language

Wajih ul hassan

Mar 4, 2015, 5:27:59 PM3/4/15
to native-cli...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I am interested in developing RUST programming language support PNaCl. I have expertise in LLVM ,LLVM Bitcode and trying to familiarizing myself with Rust. Can I get some details of this project requirements and would it be full summer project?
Thanks
Wajih

JF Bastien

Mar 5, 2015, 12:07:08 PM3/5/15
to native-cli...@googlegroups.com
Hi Wajih,

The goal of this project is to make Rust work seamlessly within PNaCl. The tricky bit is that Rust has a separate front-end and emits LLVM bitcode, and sometimes PNaCl doesn't handle all of them properly. Then one needs to make sure all of the Rust libraries and tests work properly too.

A warning, though: we've already received enthusiasm to do GSoC for Rust from someone else who's been contributing code for a while, so this may be a difficult project to win :-)

JF