B-Cycle Launch Tomorrow

Edwin Williamson

Dec 12, 2012, 10:13:42 AM12/12/12
to nashvil...@googlegroups.com
Nashville is joining a growing number of cities in the US (and abroad) in launching a bike share program.
The program is called Bcycle.
The launch is downtown tomorrow, Thursday at noon, at Public Square. I have attached the invitation.

I joined, as a kind of civic donation, but I can't imagine using it much, since
a) I am usually on my own bike
and
b) I don't think their stations help me out much to get from where I am to where I am going!

I would love to hear this group's thoughts.

Edwin
BCycle Launch Invite.2.jpg

Sarah Weinberg

Dec 12, 2012, 10:32:25 AM12/12/12
to nashvil...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Edwin! I plan on attending. How much is an annual membership? I've never found this information (looking in the wrong spot?). Thanks, Sarah

Trisha

Dec 12, 2012, 10:33:30 AM12/12/12
to Sarah Weinberg, Nashville cycling events
Hi Edwin,

Thanks for sharing this. GreenFleet is leading a group ride down at 11:15 tomorrow if you're interested in joining that (I'm not sure my work schedule will permit it, but am going to try).

My thoughts: Like you, I joined mostly to support the program. That said, there's a station here in the Village that I can see using at lunchtime or something on a day I didn't bike to work. (Memberships are $50/year; daily rentals cost $5.) Hopefully if they get enough members/riders, the program will expand and become more useful.

Anyone who doesn't make it to the launch should come to the brunch on Sunday and ride them around with us afterward!

Kim Sherman

Dec 12, 2012, 11:23:27 AM12/12/12
to Trisha, Sarah Weinberg, Nashville cycling events
Can't make the launch, but am planning on being at the brunch. :-)

Sent from my iPad