Bike month is around the corner

Trisha

Feb 21, 2013, 1:03:48 PM2/21/13
to Nashville cycling events
Well, not really. But May is closer than you think! Biking activist extraordinaire Adams Carroll is thinking about it already, and we probably should be too. In case you need a refresher on what bike month is, here it is in his words:

The basic idea of bike month is that you overload the month of May with a ton of really fun mostly free bike events just as the weather becomes amazing. Then you promote the crap out of it, get all of Nashville to bring their bikes out of hibernation, and for the rest of the year the only words coming out of people's mouth are bike bike bike.

Sounds good, right? Last year, Adams set up a calendar on the Walk/Bike Nashville site where people could submit events, and that will probably happen this year too. So put your thinking caps on and get your ideas for bike-related events ready to submit in the next few weeks—or at least get ready to participate in some awesome events come May 1. :)

Speaking of awesome events, I want to have a bike ride in March. Is anyone interested in a St. Patrick's Day afternoon ride to a few Irish pubs?