Android:View only Actives that *have* contexts

Jim Boling

Feb 10, 2018, 2:18:13 PM2/10/18
to MyLifeOrganized
I would like to have the MLO widget on my Android phone show me active actions, but *not* include those with no context. There are a number of ways I thought that might be accomplished, but none of them appear to be feasible:

1. Use custom filtering: Copy the Active Actions view, then add a custom filter to the new copy that excludes actions where Context is empty. The resulting view appears to ignore the Active Action aspect of the filter, and I end up seeing everything that has context specified. So it appears that the Action Filter and Advanced Filters are OR-ed together rather than AND-ed, and there doesn't seem to be a way to override that.

2. Default to a closed context: Create a context that is always closed. Set MLO to default to that always closed context when a new item is added. The problem here is that it doesn't seem possible to set a default context; it always defaults to none.

3. Modify Contexts and set up "no context" to be always closed. Again, I don't find a way to do that, but I realize that would be a bit of an odd feature.

Message has been deleted

David Timpe

Feb 12, 2018, 9:12:45 AM2/12/18
to MyLifeOrganized
Create new view
Main Filter = Active
Advanced Filter = Context, is not empty
Save

Works for me.

Screenshot_20180212-090711.jpg
Screenshot_20180212-090724.jpg

Jim Boling

Feb 12, 2018, 11:33:19 AM2/12/18
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com

Thanks, but that is what I tried (my option 1) and it is including closed context items.  that is what I meant by my comment about it apparently or-ing rather than and-ing the filter criteria. Tried it a couple times. Will give it another shot though!

Message has been deleted

Jim Boling

Feb 12, 2018, 12:26:46 PM2/12/18
to MyLifeOrganized
Nope - I still get all items that have contexts - it is ignoring my Active Context filter. Now I will note that the same approach *does* work in Windows just fine. But on my Android phone running MLO 2.12.1, it shows me all tasks with context regardless of whether the context is open or closed.. And that is with Active specified, not All. (My screen matches your screenshots; of course the screenshot does not show the filter itself; just the field on which the filter is applied.)

Jim Boling

Feb 12, 2018, 12:28:30 PM2/12/18
to MyLifeOrganized
Sorry - I'm an idiot. The screenshot does indeed show the filter. I was thinking of the first one and forgetting the second one.