Google Alert - facebook

Google Alerts

Feb 25, 2008, 6:33:12 PM2/25/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google News Alert for: facebook

Case Study: The Downside of Playing Facebook
FOXBusiness - USA
With his vampires and werewolves, Williams hoped to create some buzz and ultimately draw Facebook's millions of users to his company's signature widget and ...
See all stories on this topic

Facebook, RIM, 'tis better to be greedy
CNET Crave Blog - USA
You hear that, Facebook and RIM? The RIM platform's Facebook app for BlackBerry (which I test drove on a Curve) is a good-looking, smooth-operating app that ...
See all stories on this topic

 This as-it-happens Google Alert is brought to you by Google.

Remove this alert.
Create another alert.
Manage your alerts.

Google Alerts

Feb 25, 2008, 7:43:34 PM2/25/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

Check out the Arctic Front Facebook Group
By Emily Murgatroyd
And if you're a big Facebook-er (who isn't these days), please join our Arctic Front Facebook group and add your name to the growing number of people (almost 200 already!) concerned about the environmental impacts of the Alberta oil ...
DeSmogBlog - Clearing the PR... - http://www.desmogblog.com

Google Alerts

Feb 25, 2008, 9:08:44 PM2/25/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google News Alert for: facebook

Share Music with Facebook Friends using DoubleTwist
Lifehacker Australia - Sydney,NSW,Australia
Twist me!, a Facebook app developed alongside the DRM-stripping DoubleTwist application, offers a fairly convenient way to do just that. ...

Google Alerts

Feb 25, 2008, 10:40:36 PM2/25/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

Facebook Navigation In 3D
By Rodney Rumford
I have come across an example of a facebook desktop app that allows you to navigate through various aspects and connections of your facebook social graph in 3D. This is a desktop app that was created by a Canadian coder Stephen Bulhoes. ...
FaceReviews: Facebook Applications... - http://facereviews.com

Facebook Phenomenon
By Kat Candler(Kat Candler)
Anne del Castillo told me ages ago "Oh my god, you have to get on Facebook. You have to!" As if my life depended on it. Even my husband was on Facebook and I didn't know it. I wonder if he knows he's on Facebook. ...
The Perks of Being a Wallflower - http://www.storieproductions.com/katsblog.html

Google Alerts

Feb 25, 2008, 11:26:57 PM2/25/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google News Alert for: facebook

Ulanoff: Facebook's Death Spiral Has Begun
FOXNews - USA
I've never tried to get off Facebook, so I had no idea how difficult it is for members to walk away from the clubby social network. Apparently, you can stop ...

Facebook's moment of cool has passed
Financial Times - London,England,UK
By the same token, I always knew Facebook would become uncool the moment I joined. And lo, it has come to pass. According to Nielsen Online, ...

Military warns soldiers not to post info on Facebook
CBC Manitoba - Winnipeg,Manitoba,Canada
The Defence Department is advising Canadian soldiers not to post personal photos and information on social networking websites like Facebook, ...

Google Alerts

Feb 26, 2008, 1:53:05 AM2/26/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

PC Magazine Predicts Facebook Death Spiral. WTF?
By Rodney Rumford
Facebook is in a death spiral according to a recent article that was published on the 20th of this month by PC Magazine. WTF? All I can say is this article has some interesting points regarding leaving facebook; but beyond that the ...

Facebook Apps And Me
By chrisbrogan
Facebook is a social network where people can stay in touch, join groups, have discussions, and learn more about each other through various profile attributes and additional applications. And Facebook is a place for people with some ...
[chrisbrogan.com] - http://chrisbrogan.com

Google Alerts

Feb 26, 2008, 2:01:55 AM2/26/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google News Alert for: facebook

Facebook up to it
The Age - Melbourne,Victoria,Australia
There are many examples - Wikipedia, Second Life, social networking sites such as Facebook and MySpace, photo sharing site Flickr and a host of others. ...

Google Alerts

Feb 26, 2008, 3:57:16 AM2/26/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

I Could Write A Book
By Choire
And that book would be called: Joe Dolce and James Frey are now friends. For those who don't know who either is, and why should you: Joe Dolce, James Frey.
choire sicha - http://choiresicha.com

Facebook hints at upcoming Profile changes
By Justin Smith
After a spate of recent changes that have curtailed some developers’ Platform enthusiasm, Facebook this weekend hinted at upcoming changes to the Profile box that will make the profile box “simpler, more relevant, and provide users with ...
Inside Facebook - http://www.insidefacebook.com

Google Alerts

Feb 26, 2008, 5:35:08 AM2/26/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google News Alert for: facebook

Don't be Facebook 'target,' Canadian soldiers warned
Globe and Mail - Canada
The Canadian military is warning its members to be careful about using Internet social-networking sites such as Facebook to keep in touch with friends and ...

Google Alerts

Feb 26, 2008, 6:26:35 AM2/26/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

Prison for fake Facebook profile
By Laura
26 year-old IT engineer Fouad Mourtada, has been arrested in Morocco for making a fake Facebook profile. According to FaceReviews, he made a profile page for Prince Moulay Rachid, the younger brother of King Mohammed VI. ...
Neoco's blog - http://blog.neoco.com

Always Facebook and applications
By Twinview Land
Facebook is providing links to these applications as a courtesy, and makes no representations regarding the applications or any information related to them. Any questions regarding an application should be directed to the developer. ...
Dandelife.com: Recently Added - http://dandelife.com

Google Alerts

Feb 26, 2008, 9:59:15 AM2/26/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

Facebook Lives to See Another Day!
By Nick O'Neill
Last night I was reading through my RSS feeds and noticed an overall negative tone of the current coverage of Facebook. Brian Groom of the Financial Times reported on information that we posted last week. I’m not sure why this news was ...
All Facebook - http://www.allfacebook.com

Facebook; advertising heaven or hell?
By David Gillespie
I read somewhere recently - I think Seth Godin said it - if you were to set out with the express purpose of creating the worst possible environment online for advertising, you would wind up with something pretty similar to Facebook. ...
Wide Open Spaces - http://splashjumanji.wordpress.com

Zynga launches Facebook game developer platform, which might prove ...
By JakeRockwell(JakeRockwell)
Zynga, an emerging empire of third party gaming applications on Facebook, announced a new ad network for developers a couple of weeks ago — and crossed swords with rival gaming company Social Gaming Network (our coverage). ...
Medium Massage - http://mediummassage.blogspot.com/

Google Alerts

Feb 26, 2008, 1:01:48 PM2/26/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

Social Network Engagement Metrics
By Rodney Rumford
Social Network Engagement Metrics: I was thinking for the past few weeks about how to best measure effectiveness of engagement for brands on facebook. I struggle with the exact metrics that can measure the true value of what occurs ...

Google Alerts

Feb 26, 2008, 1:07:31 PM2/26/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google News Alert for: facebook

Fouad Mourtada Gets Three Years for Phony Facebook Page
Washington Post - United States
A Moroccan court last week sentenced a man to three years in prison for creating a Facebook page under the name Prince Moulay Rachid. ...

'Hangover' Facebook app is Pokemon for Bluto and Frank the Tank
CNET News.com - San Francisco,CA,USA
I don't normally review Facebook applications. I also don't normally install too many on my profile unless I actually deem them useful. ...

UK data watchdogs drop Facebook probe
Register - London,England,UK
By Chris Williams → More by this author The Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) is now satisfied that Facebook is letting people escape the bear hug of ...

Google Alerts

Feb 26, 2008, 3:41:57 PM2/26/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

Facebook’s Response to Mourtada and Others Callous and Inadequate.
By Curt
We wondered how Facebook felt about the recent arrest and three year sentence of Moroccan Fouad Mourtada for his satirical Facebook page of his country’s king. So we wrote them. What we got was, well, given the precendents set by Yahoo, ...
Committee to Protect Bloggers - http://committeetoprotectbloggers.org

Zynga Game Network Launches on Facebook
By Rodney Rumford
Zynga Game Network Launches Game Center: Zynga is inviting Third-Party Developers to Join its Game Network: Game Center which accesses its Facebook network via an Application Programming Interface (API). Game Center allows developers to ...

Google Alerts

Feb 26, 2008, 6:53:53 PM2/26/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

Facebook Platform: The State of the Apps
By JakeRockwell(JakeRockwell)
There is a fundamental flaw in the overall state of Facebook applications. The issue as I see it is that for a venue with as much potential Facebook, the apps built on its platform have no real use (other than diversionary). ...
- http://mediummassage.blogspot.com/

Late Breaks: Facebook, Politico, Comcast...
By jbercovici
-Facebook is looking to hire a "well-known tech executive" -- in other words, someone who wears closed-toed shoes -- to supplement Mark Zuckerberg at the top. [All Things D]. -Politico has started a blog covering political media. ...
Portfolio.com: All Articles Feed - http://www.portfolio.com/

Google Alerts

Feb 26, 2008, 7:30:31 PM2/26/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google News Alert for: facebook

Moroccan Bloggers Protest Jailing for Facebook Prank
New York Times - United States
“If creating a profile on Facebook is worth all this treatment, then the next person will be a blogger,” he said, according to a translation. ...

How Facebook Might Win
Motley Fool - USA
By Tim Beyers February 26, 2008 OK, so most of you don't agree that social networker Facebook is worth $15 billion. So be it. I may, indeed, be wrong. ...

'Facebook' lost policeman top job
BBC News - UK
But when his prospective employer ran background checks it found he had been given a warning over his Facebook page. Bedfordshire Police then withdrew the ...

Google Alerts

Feb 26, 2008, 9:52:21 PM2/26/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

First screenshots of the new tabbed Facebook Profile page
By Justin Smith
As we mentioned yesterday, a big change coming up at Facebook this spring will be a revamping of the Profile page. While the implications of these changes for application developers are still unclear, Facebook today released the first ...

New & Improved: Tabbed Facebook Profiles
By Rodney Rumford
New & Improved: Tabbed Facebook Profiles are coming soon. Here comes spring cleaning part 2 (here is part one). Facebook just keeps changing the profile page to make it cleaner. First it was extended profiles… now this. ...

Facebook's getting a face-lift soon
By Caroline McCarthy
Facebook first announced last year that it was working on a redesign of members' profiles; now, the social-networking site has unveiled previews of its upcoming new look. The Facebook profile redesigns will start rolling out in the next ...
The Social - http://www.news.com/8300-13577_3-36.html

Google Alerts

Feb 27, 2008, 12:05:51 AM2/27/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

Will Facebook Profile Tabs Lead to Better Apps?
By Josh Catone
One of the big social news stories this evening was Facebook's announcement that it is actively working on a redesign to user profiles that would break the profile page down into three, main tabbed components. ...
ReadWriteWeb - http://www.readwriteweb.com/

Google Alerts

Feb 27, 2008, 3:04:43 AM2/27/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google News Alert for: facebook

Going Postal: Man to eat all 12 McDonald's value meals for ...
National Post - Toronto,Ontario,Canada
A young man has pledged to eat all twelve of McDonald’s value meals in one sitting for a small price: he wants 100000 people to join his Facebook profile. ...

Google Alerts

Feb 27, 2008, 3:51:44 AM2/27/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

Facebook’s Rights Grab: How Far Does It Go?
By Jim
Last week in my post “How The Rights To Your Photo Are Being Hijacked Through Photo Contests & Social Media” I mentioned that social media sites like Facebook were grabbing the rights of submitted photos as many photo contests are now ...
JMG-Galleries - http://www.jmg-galleries.com/blog

Google Alerts

Feb 27, 2008, 7:07:27 AM2/27/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

Facebook Winning First Platform War
By Nick O'Neill
It now appears that Facebook may have already won the first platform war. If you were expecting a massive transfer of developers over to the Bebo platform, you would have guessed wrong. So far 1375 applications have launched on the Bebo ...

Google Alerts

Feb 27, 2008, 8:16:07 AM2/27/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google News Alert for: facebook

Facebook film ad pulled over violence
Guardian Unlimited - UK
A controversial online marketing campaign for the Universal Pictures thriller Untraceable has been pulled from Facebook and the video community Seesmic ...

Facebook’s new face: What does it needs to accomplish?
ZDNet - USA
Facebook has previewed a new profile page that cleans up a good amount of clutter on the page by creating tabs for users to put their wall items, ...

Report says Canada tells troops not to post Facebook info
International Herald Tribune - France
OTTAWA: Canadian military chiefs have told soldiers not to post personal information on social networking sites such as Facebook because it could prompt ...

Google Alerts

Feb 27, 2008, 12:07:57 PM2/27/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

Facebook Advertising Gone Bad
By Nick O'Neill
An over the top ad campaign for the upcoming Universal Pictures produced “Untraceable” has been removed from Facebook after concerns were expressed about excessive violent content. I’m fortunate not to have seen the content because it ...

Facebook Threatens Soldiers, Canada Warns
By Noah Shachtman
The Canadian military is warning soldiers not to post personal information on social networking sites such as Facebook, due to security concerns." Canadian_forces_facebook_3. That's the word from the National Post, which piggybacks off ...
Wired: Danger Room - http://blog.wired.com/defense/

Google Alerts

Feb 27, 2008, 12:56:58 PM2/27/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google News Alert for: facebook

Facebook Threatens Soldiers, Canada Warns
Wired News - USA
This alleged threat that Facebook poses to troops' families -- that's a new one, to me. Canadian Forces has its own, official Facebook group, by the way, ...

Facebook Gets Profile Facelift
PC World - USA
Also from what can be seen in the screenshot, it looks like the Facebook news feed and applications will be a part of the tabs. This is a nice addition for ...

Officer denied promotion over gay Facebook page
Telegraph.co.uk - United Kingdom
They discovered he had received a disciplinary warning from his seniors at British Transport Police over his Facebook page. Insp Dreyfus was handed the ...

Facebook Readies iPhone-Inspired Redesign
Wired News - USA
By Scott Gilbertson February 27, 2008 | 10:38:59 AMCategories: communities, design Facebook was a natural for the iPhone — its interface was already blue ...

Google Alerts

Feb 27, 2008, 3:05:53 PM2/27/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

Are you experiencing FaceBook fade?
By Tom Raftery
The developers started creating all kinds of applications for FaceBook and the FaceBook Platform was pronounced as the next big thing! And an investment by Microsoft putatively valued the website at $15bn. ...
Tom Raftery's Social Media - http://www.tomrafteryit.net

Google Alerts

Feb 27, 2008, 7:51:35 PM2/27/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google News Alert for: facebook

Tories launch Facebook campaign
The Press Association -
A Conservative Party drive to recruit new "friends" has been launched via social networking site Facebook featuring a video made by award-winning film ...

Family of jailed Facebook faker 'devastated'
CTV.ca - Canada
The siblings of a Moroccan man jailed for a impersonating a prince on Facebook says they are being intimidated by authorities when visiting the prison where ...

iotum’s conference call Facebook app picks up three new intl partners
ZDNet Blogs - USA
All that’s required is an active Internet connection, and clicking on the FREE Conference Calls application icon in Facebook. Call back. ...

The earthquake that rocked Facebook
Telegraph.co.uk - United Kingdom
A slightly bizarre aspect of the quake, though, was the sporadic tendency of people to log on to Facebook in the middle of the night to check if friends had ...

New Facebook App Lets Groups Issue Ultimatums
Wired News - USA
A new Facebook app called Ultimatums lets users float an idea, set an arbitrary "tipping point" and track group members' commitment to their common goal. ...

Google Alerts

Feb 27, 2008, 7:53:01 PM2/27/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

Facebook Opens News Feed, But Not Enough
By Sean Ammirati
This week Facebook opened up its News Feed to third party services, allowing users to add content from outside sites to their Facebook feed. Third parties could already allow their users to do this by creating Facebook Apps. ...
Read/WriteWeb News - http://www.readwriteweb.com/

Facebook: Link to Companies' Futures?
ROCHESTER, MN -- There have been numerous stories from all over the country about employees getting in trouble or even fired because of what's posted on their Facebook or MySpace web page. But these social networking websites are ...
KTTC TV :: Last Added Channels - http://www.kttc.com

Google Alerts

Feb 27, 2008, 10:48:49 PM2/27/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google News Alert for: facebook

Social-Good Networking Facebook Becomes Catalyst for Causes ...
MediaShift - CA,USA
by Mark Glaser, 10:28AM This morning, I received a notification on my Facebook profile that said if I sent a virtual plant to some of my friends, ...

Facebook Page Ruins Gay Officer's Promotion
Angel City's Devil - Los Angeles,CA,USA
But the Bedforshire Police thought differently, contending that his previous employer's warning about his gay Facebook profile was, in fact, intolerable. ...

Google Alerts

Feb 27, 2008, 11:35:29 PM2/27/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

Facebook Communication Done Right
By Rodney Rumford
Facebook Communication Done Right: While we talk a lot about best practices and how facebook is effectively a communication platform at it’s core. I wanted share how facebook is eating some of it’s own dog food. ...

Twitter, Facebook, and Social Boundaries
By Eugene Eric Kim(Eugene Eric Kim (ee...@eekim.com))
It's Facebook. My close colleagues know that I am obsessed with Facebook, not because of some deep seeded need to feel like I have a lot of friends, but because I think it is one of the most well-designed online tool I have ever seen. ...
EEK Speaks - http://www.eekim.com/blog

Google Alerts

Feb 28, 2008, 2:29:48 AM2/28/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

@ MPA: Facebook's Van Natta On The Lessons Of Beacon; No Hints On ...
By David Kaplan
In his MPA Q&A with Fortune's David Kirkpatrick,Owen Van Natta didn't offer any further hints about his future plans when he leaves his post as chief revenue officer of Facebook in a few weeks. Mostly, he said magazines should be ...
paidContent.org - http://www.paidcontent.org/

Google Alerts

Feb 28, 2008, 2:33:05 AM2/28/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google News Alert for: facebook

CNET News.com - San Francisco,CA,USA

New updates to the site include "status" messages to indicate current activity, similar to Facebook's, and a number of new personalized "modules" on the ...

Google Alerts

Feb 28, 2008, 5:00:19 AM2/28/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

Facebook Tackles Music, Movies
By Josh Catone
Facebook today launched two new Pages for music and film aimed at getting musical artists and film makers on the site. The new pages are templates for artists that include applications specifically designed for music and film, ...
ReadWriteWeb - http://www.readwriteweb.com/

Facebook Music Rocks!
By Rodney Rumford
Facebook Music Rocks! Facebook Pages for musicians have existed since pages went live. But what is new is the main music page that shows a lot of the features that are available on facebook pages for music artists. ...
- http://facereviews.com

2 more Facebook Platform updates this week making it harder for ...
By Justin Smith
Facebook tonight announced that the new invitation allocation limits will be going into effect in the next two days. While this change was announced last week, new information we’re getting from developers points to this update being ...

Google Alerts

Feb 28, 2008, 7:58:12 AM2/28/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

Facebook Help 101
By Rodney Rumford
Facebook Help 101: As our readership continues to grow and millions of people are coming onto facebook every month; we thought it would be helpful to show people where they can help themselves on facebook. This might sound really odd; ...

PCC faces up to Facebook 'intrusions'
By Roy Greenslade
The Press Complaints Commission has commissioned research into the newspapers' use of material from social networking sites such as Facebook and MySpace. In a radio interview (as reported on journalism.co.uk) the PCC's director, ...
Greenslade - http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/greenslade/

Google Alerts

Feb 28, 2008, 8:59:56 AM2/28/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google News Alert for: facebook

Facebook getting a major makeover
Sky News - United Kingdom
"As more and more information is available on Facebook - more photo albums, more applications, and more history - we've realized that Profiles have become ...

Is Cameron's New Video A Facebook Flop?
Sky News - United Kingdom
But while the content may be achingly familiar, there is something novel about the Tory decision to target the Facebook generation. Not least the appeal for ...

Iotum Intros Free Conference Calling Application for Facebook
TMCnet - USA
According to Iotum CEO Alec Saunders, this announcement has been made in response to demand from users of the application launched on Facebook last ...

Google Alerts

Feb 28, 2008, 11:48:16 AM2/28/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

The Globalization of Facebook
By Futurelab
Fred Wilson points out in his blog that Facebook is not experiencing a decline but rather it has reached a plateau in the USA. Look a few feet outside the US border and we see a very different picture.
Marketing & Strategy Innovation Blog - http://blog.futurelab.net/

Facebook German Launch Imminent?
By Nick O'Neill
One of my readers sent me an email pointing out a change to the Facebook German domain. The web URL http://facebook.de now displays a page that says “We’re upgrading” whereas http://www.facebook.de automatically redirects to ...

Google Alerts

Feb 28, 2008, 12:24:11 PM2/28/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google News Alert for: facebook

LinkedIn Lifting Off of Facebook?
Techtree.com - Mumbai,India
LinkedIn isn't quite Facebook or MySpace -- in that you're supposed to be actually achieving something while on the site, such as taking advice or talking ...

Friend us, say Tories in Facebook-style campaign
Guardian - UK
And the decision to post the video on Facebook rather than Conservatives.com chimes with the party's decision to advertise on the social networking site ...

Google Alerts

Feb 28, 2008, 2:57:36 PM2/28/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

Facelift for Facebook
By claudine...@telegraph.co.uk (Claudine...
Facebook users have been grumbling for a while about how cluttered the website's layout has become since Facebook opened itself to third-party developers and allowed users to add unlimited applications to their profile pages. ...
Telegraph Blogs - http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/

Google Alerts

Feb 28, 2008, 6:05:15 PM2/28/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

Facebook Continues To Constrict Developers
By Nick O'Neill
Yesterday, Facebook made an announcement that they have updated the notification and request metrics. I initially didn’t think much of this announcement and figured it was just a standard Facebook update. According to Justin Smith, ...

Google Alerts

Feb 28, 2008, 6:49:53 PM2/28/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google News Alert for: facebook

Facebook boosts musicians
Hollywood Reporter - United States
By Antony Bruno, Billboard DENVER -- Facebook on Thursday unveiled a music section designed to let artist create profiles that showcase their music, videos, ...

Google Alerts

Feb 28, 2008, 10:21:08 PM2/28/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google News Alert for: facebook

Facebook Denies Role in Morocco Arrest
Wall Street Journal - USA
By VAUHINI VARA SAN FRANCISCO -- The social-networking startup Facebook Inc. said it didn't give the Moroccan government information to identify a user who ...

Google Alerts

Feb 29, 2008, 1:25:33 AM2/29/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google News Alert for: facebook

Firms 'missing out on Facebook craze'
Telegraph.co.uk - United Kingdom
By Ben Farmer British businesses are lagging behind overseas rivals in harnessing the power of social-networking websites such as Facebook and MySpace, ...

Hitch to dating? Too much face(book) time
Boston Herald - United States
“Then there’s Internet dating, Facebook-ing and MySpace [website]-ing,” Jones rattled off. “In a way, we’ve grown farther apart. I think it’s actually nice ...

Google Alerts

Feb 29, 2008, 2:00:10 AM2/29/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

Facebook email Double Standard
By Rodney Rumford
Facebook email Double Standard: Do as I Say NOT As I Do! Facebook made a change to email messages that applications send out. Email messages are typically sent based on a very specific discreet action based on a friends action from ...

Facebook Developers? Pick Up Monetization Tips At the Facebook ...
By Andrew Wee
I’ll be on a panel next week at the second Singapore Facebook Developers Garage on March 5th, 715pm-1030pm. The event is sponsored by Microsoft and the National University of Singapore. Here’sa snippet of the panel: If you didn’t ...
Andrew Wee | Blogging | Affiliate... - http://www.whoisandrewwee.com

Google Alerts

Feb 29, 2008, 7:11:42 AM2/29/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

XING Is Now On Facebook!
By Hazel Pandya
This week we launched a XING application for Facebook! (Yay!) If you remember we launched mynetworkvalue.com a few months ago. This little website calculates the value of your business network and converts it into hard cash. ...
openBLOG - The company weblog of XING - http://blog.xing.com/

Google Alerts

Feb 29, 2008, 10:16:32 AM2/29/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

Facebook Invites Get Restricted, Developers Cry
By Nick O'Neill
Last night Facebook finally turned on the invite restrictions that they have been speaking about for the past few weeks. I went and checked out a few of my apps all of which had now been limited to 12 invites per day. ...

Google Alerts

Feb 29, 2008, 12:25:37 PM2/29/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

Join Mobilists Group on Facebook
By ceo
I created a Mobilists group on Facebook to try and assemble the best people in the mobile industry into one network. It’s completely open for anyone to join, contribute and drive. Let’s innovate! ...
About Mobility - The Mobility Weblog - http://weblog.cenriqueortiz.com

Google Alerts

Feb 29, 2008, 12:30:38 PM2/29/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google News Alert for: facebook

Facebook and the price of user privacy
ZDNet UK - UK
It's hard to go anywhere — to work, to the shops, to the cinema, really anywhere — without hearing about Facebook. Its popularity is nearly unprecedented, ...

Facebook Launches Band Pages
Wired News - USA
As suspected, Facebook has been working on a music service to give bands and labels a way to post and sell their own music and music-related items. ...

Child Internet Safety Task Force
Computerworld - Framingham,MA,USA
That is why I was thrilled to read about the taskforce being spearheaded by Harvard and MySpace (and joined by other groups such as Facebook, Google, ...

Google Alerts

Feb 29, 2008, 3:04:54 PM2/29/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

Your Facebook app is a disaster, and I was right.
By Jevon MacDonald
In the middle of the Facebook App frenzy (was that a whole 4 months ago?!) I wrote “Delusions of Facebook” to try to dissuade as many startups as possible from going down that path. I hate to say it, but man — I was right. ...
StartupNorth - http://www.startupnorth.ca

Checking in with Kinzin's Facebook Forays for Kids
By DaveO
Since interviewing Michael Fergusson of Kinzin for Raincity Radio a few months back, and hearing his compelling discourse on participatory marketing using the ubiquitous Facebook, I've worked hard to soften my cynicism about the ...
Raincity Studios - Web 2.0 Community... - http://www.raincitystudios.com

PFLAG National on Myspace and Facebook!
By Adam
Many chapters already have “profile pages” on Myspace and Facebook (two popular social networking sites), along with many other GLBT organizations. For those that are members of these sites, you can now add PFLAG National as your ...
The PFLAG National Blog - http://www.pflag.org/blog

Google Alerts

Feb 29, 2008, 3:47:49 PM2/29/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google News Alert for: facebook

LinkedIn Down an Hour After Big Upgrade
The Associated Press -
By focusing on professional relationships, LinkedIn distinguishes itself from social playgrounds like Facebook and News Corp.'s MySpace, where users are ...

Identity theft: Six clicks from a cyber crook
Telegraph.co.uk - United Kingdom
After almost 18 months of exponential growth, Facebook has suffered its first UK dip in user numbers, down from 8.9?million unique users in December to ...

Google Alerts

Feb 29, 2008, 6:57:42 PM2/29/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

Facebook board member Peter Thiel seeks Christian to give away his ...
By Nicholas Carlson
Want to work for Peter Thiel, the Facebook board member, hot-shot venture capitalist, and hedge fund manager? Thiel's personal assistant at Clarium Capital, Robertson George Morrow III -- call him... [[ This is a content summary only. ...
Valleywag - http://valleywag.com

Facebook Friend Invite Death Watch
By Rodney Rumford
Facebook has finally made live the sliding scale invites limitations mechanism for applications. Applications are now subject to daily changing (not fun) friend invite (and notifications) limits for their applications based upon several ...

New Ways to Facebook
The guys and gals over at the Facebook Blog have been busy lately! From a new "Facebook en Espanol" allowing hispanohablantes everywhere to view Facebook in their native language (and promises to soon release a French & German front as ...
O'Reilly FYI - http://www.oreillynet.com/fyi/blog/

Google Alerts

Feb 29, 2008, 7:54:27 PM2/29/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google News Alert for: facebook

Bill Gates ditches Facebook for LinkedIn, ad deal coming?
Ars Technica - Boston,MA,USA
Despite many rumors of Microsoft buying Facebook in September of last year, all that ended up happening was a $240 million advertising agreement. ...

Facebook Moderator Gets Subpoena in Wikileaks Case
Slashdot - USA
... have dragged a Stanford grad student/human rights activist into the case because he moderated a discussion group about Wikileaks on Facebook. ...

A Facebook For The Seven-Figure Set
BusinessWeek - USA
... photos, and videos for presenting personal information—offered by popular sites such as Facebook and LinkedIn, the professional networking service. ...

Google Alerts

Feb 29, 2008, 9:18:12 PM2/29/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

Facebook today launched two new Pages for music and film aimed at getting musical artists and film makers on the site. The new pages are templates for artists that include applications specifically designed for music and film, ...

Google Alerts

Feb 29, 2008, 11:06:55 PM2/29/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google News Alert for: facebook

CNET News.com - San Francisco,CA,USA

Facebook has denied giving the Moroccan government information to identify a man who was sentenced to prison for posting a fake profile of a Moroccan prince ...

Google Alerts

Mar 1, 2008, 8:15:38 AM3/1/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

Facebook Bans Untraceable Promotion Page
By womenontop2
Variety reports that Facebook has refused to host a page that tied in with the movie, allowing users to see more video of one of the film’s torture scenes the more people who came to the page. Facebook banned the page based on the rule ...
Women on top - http://womenontop2.wordpress.com

Google Alerts

Mar 1, 2008, 1:01:56 PM3/1/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google News Alert for: facebook

Your Business on Facebook: Facebook Marketing 101
O'Reilly Radar - Sebastopol,CA,USA
Find out how to market your business on Facebook using a variety of tools and techniques: Facebook Business Solutions, Social Ads, Groups, Events, ...

Ten Million in Ten Weeks: What Stanford Learned Building Facebook Apps
O'Reilly Radar - Sebastopol,CA,USA
September 2007: 100 students enroll in a Stanford class on building Facebook apps and social persuasion. Instructors Fogg & McClure warn students the new ...

Google Alerts

Mar 1, 2008, 1:54:11 PM3/1/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

the ecosystem is wrong... why facebook for music still doesn't ...
By Steve
Facebook Music Rocks, in which the author waxes lyrical about how functional the Facebook music pages are. Which is true, they are, functionally, kicking the ass of MySpace, with the option to embed lots of stuff, and present it in a ...
Steve Lawson - http://steve.anthropiccollective.org/

Send a Hillary Gift on Facebook
By Hillary Clinton(Hillary Clinton)
Now there's a new way to get your friends on Facebook involved in the campaign: send them a Hillary Gift! Sign up for Facebook, take a look at our new application, and send a Hillary Gift to your friends today. ...
blogHillary - http://blog.hillaryclinton.com/

Bottlenotes Blends Wine and Facebook with New Contest
By briansolis
Facebook users who have installed the application and accrued the most points by March 29th will have a shot at some very attractive and worthwhile prizes. You better have a strong social graph however, the minimum to play the game is ...
bub.blicio.us - http://bub.blicio.us

Google Alerts

Mar 1, 2008, 4:33:32 PM3/1/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

YourTrumanShow Releases Video-based Social Graph for Facebook
By briansolis
The company officially released VideoMap, a unique, video-based socialgraph supporting content from Youtube and YourTrumanShow (and others soon) within Facebook. This is less about “another Facebook app” and more about what ...
bub.blicio.us - http://bub.blicio.us

Linked in Goes Facebook
By Michael Gray
Looks like Linkedin is going facebook offering status updates. Some of the options are:. Is working on will be traveling to is looking for advice on is looking for a job is reading. I think it’s kinda cool but don’t come to linkedin ...
Michael Gray - Graywolf's SEO Blog - http://www.wolf-howl.com

SocialToo.com - Your Companion to Facebook and the Social Web
By jessestay
Jason previously mentioned profile.to as a method to provide an easy-to-remember url to give people to reference your Facebook profile. I thought I’d give a little plug to an excellent tool of mine that I’d like to share with you. ...
FacebookAdvice.com - http://facebookadvice.com

Google Alerts

Mar 1, 2008, 7:09:50 PM3/1/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

RE: Has Facebook’s Death Spiral Begun
By jblaquiere
Erick predicts that the US usage of Facebook has leveled off because of “friend spam”. This could very well be. I know personally that my Facebook usage has decreased with becoming bored with the applications that has made Facebook ...
UPEI - BUS442.0 - http://bus442.wordpress.com

Google Alerts

Mar 1, 2008, 8:49:08 PM3/1/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google News Alert for: facebook

Facebook Now Offering Native German Language Support
Mashable - Los Angeles,CA,USA
Facebook has grown to very notable international proportions (numerically speaking) over the last couple of years, but it’s been slow to expand its lingual ...

Google Alerts

Mar 1, 2008, 9:25:16 PM3/1/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

Facebook Launches in German
By Nick O'Neill
As expected, Facebook has rolled out the German version of their site. In a short amount of time since rolling out the Spanish version of the site, they have already added an additional language. Two days ago I speculated that the ...

Google Alerts

Mar 2, 2008, 3:05:55 AM3/2/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

Mobile LBS Applications on Facebook
By Bena Roberts
Here is a an overview of the top Facebook applications that offer location and mobile services for Mobile Social Networking. Each of them allows users in the relevant countries to download a client a find friends by location. ...
GoMo News - http://www.gomonews.com

Google Alerts

Mar 2, 2008, 4:30:44 AM3/2/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google News Alert for: facebook

Prison officer faces sack over Facebook boast that he beat up inmates
Sunday Mirror - UK
The divorced father-of-one is said to have "joked" on his page on the social networking site Facebook: "I am a prison officer with a proud history of ...

PUPILS AGE 11 GET LESSONS IN FACEBOOK
Sunday People - UK
Uk Kids as young as 11 are getting school lessons in how to use the internet craze Facebook - to protect them from online perverts and bullies. ...

Council campaign launched on Facebook
This Is Lancashire - Blackburn,England,UK
The council's new Facebook group - called I'm supporting the Chorley Smile campaign - is open to all members of the networking site and gives details of the ...

Net’s agony aunts - Orkut and Facebook
Sify - Chennai,Tamil Nadu,India
New Delhi: While millions continue to log into social networking sites like Orkut and Facebook to make friends and socialise, a small but growing number of ...

Online Scrabble Craze Leaves Game Sellers at Loss for Words
New York Times - United States
The extremely popular game Scrabulous is played primarily on the Facebook social-networking site. Fans of the game are obsessive. They play against friends, ...

Google Alerts

Mar 2, 2008, 6:50:31 AM3/2/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google News Alert for: facebook

eBay Sellers Network on Facebook for Fun and Profit
Auctionbytes - USA
By Julia Wilkinson People are popping up all over on Facebook like so many prairie dogs in a Kansas field. The social networking site has been growing at ...

Google Alerts

Mar 2, 2008, 8:49:22 AM3/2/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

direct sharing on facebook
By thomas(thomas)
if you're using the facebook application you can now share every link directly within FB and send it to your friends.
the popurls blog - http://pophub.com/

Placing the application in each user's profile page
By mohi1983
I'm pretty new in Facebook and I don't have much information about its APIs. I went through some posts in this forum to find out the solution, but non of them gave me a clear answer. I just created a simple application with all ...
- http://forum.developers.facebook.com

Google Alerts

Mar 2, 2008, 11:19:07 AM3/2/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

Which Facebook Apps do You Think are Worthless?
By Cheryl
I have a Facebook profile and I barely use it. Initially, I did not quite figure out what I was supposed to do with it. Then, the application overload started. I received my first ‘app’ invitation from something called Superwall. ...
gHacks technology news - http://www.ghacks.net

Google Alerts

Mar 2, 2008, 1:58:53 PM3/2/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google News Alert for: facebook

Are you bored of Facebook and fed up with application spam yet?
TECH.BLORGE.com - Sydney,Australia
By Dave Parrack When people started discovering Facebook, it was a such a refreshing change to MySpace, with more to do, and less pointless spam inhibiting ...

Google Alerts

Mar 2, 2008, 2:21:19 PM3/2/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

Face the facts: Facebook’s more than online socializing
By Ben Martin, blogmaster
After reading all the industry articles regarding social networking and its potential applications for real estate, and consulting with my college student daughter, our resident Facebook expert, I decided to give Facebook a try. ...
VARbuzz - http://varbuzz.com

Facebook App - oDesk
By oDesk Corporation(oDesk Corporation)
Our client is looking for someone to add their poker room to Facebook as an app. Facebook apps require a knowledge of PHP coding. Duties: Create a simple page that complies with Facebook requirements (the attachment may work). ...
All jobs | oDesk.com - http://www.odesk.com/jobs/?

Google Alerts

Mar 2, 2008, 4:31:30 PM3/2/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

INetworkMarketing comments on our facebook app
By Mark
It was originally a three week campaign, and worked very well, excellent feedback, fantastic penetration, happy client, etc - despite Facebook changing its api every other day and bringing in its new spam filter (and then subsequently ...
OKCOOL - http://ok-cool.com/

Google Alerts

Mar 2, 2008, 4:46:01 PM3/2/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google News Alert for: facebook

'FACEBOOK' ? how safe is it really?
Voices Newspaper - Didim,Aydin,Turkey
Assuming ‘FACEBOOK’ has no age limit, and we do not post our credit card details beneath our picture, we will find 30 minutes or so per day to keep our site ...

Google Alerts

Mar 2, 2008, 7:04:45 PM3/2/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

Building the Facebook gaming platform: Interview with Shervin ...
By Justin Smith
Facebook is not yet ready for synchronous games - it will get there, but we’re just at the beginning now. Game play will get more advanced over time, and graphics will get more interesting over the years. To us, Facebook is a gaming ...
Inside Facebook - http://www.insidefacebook.com

Google Alerts

Mar 2, 2008, 9:15:22 PM3/2/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

Hackers ramp up Facebook, MySpace attacks - Gregg Keizer ...
By Ray(Ray)
Hackers are actively exploiting an Internet Explorer plug-in that's widely used by Facebook Inc. and MySpace.com members with a multi-attack kit, a security company warned Friday. The exploit directed at Aurigma Inc. ...
Techno-News Blog - http://people.uis.edu/rschr1/blogger.html

1000000 Strong in Support of Facebook Applications
By Starfish Apps
Lately only Facebook app haterz have been heard. But now there is a new group to show support for apps: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8392175788 Please join, invite all of your friends and promote the group on your app About ...
Facebook Platform Developer Forum - http://forum.developers.facebook.com

Google Alerts

Mar 2, 2008, 10:48:58 PM3/2/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google News Alert for: facebook

Facebook Debuts Music Section With iTunes
TrustedReviews - Bracknell,England,UK
Late last week all-conquering Facebook decided this should come to an end and it has taken the first steps to attract its own raft of audiophiles with ...

Facebook app takes glory in Sensis code-off
ZDNet.com.au - Australia
A location-based service designed to track the physical location of friends on Facebook has taken honours in Sensis's WhereIs mapping mash-up competition. ...

Google Alerts

Mar 3, 2008, 1:38:49 AM3/3/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google News Alert for: facebook

Facebook battle over racist video
Independent Online - Cape Town,South Africa
In an entry posted on social networking site Facebook on Sunday, website administrator Gustav Buys told an unknown blogger, whose entry he had deleted, ...

Facebook's Growing Problem
Branding Strategy Insider - Tampa,FL,USA
Facebook has rejected Nielsen's data and is reporting that the number of active users - people who have used the site in the past 30 days - has continued to ...

Facebook application to make social networking safer
PC World Magazine - Australia
A "Care For Your PC" Facebook application that allows users of the social network to monitor how up-to-date the security software on their computer is has ...

Student activists tailor their causes for Facebook
University at Buffalo The Spectrum - NY,USA
Students have a new excuse for spending hours captivated by Facebook, only now their time could be spent doing more than just procrastinating doing their ...

A Widget Mogul in Between Classes
BusinessWeek - USA
by Rachael King Most of Ankur Nagpal's classmates have no idea just how much money he's been pulling in from creating Facebook "quiz" applications such as ...

Google Alerts

Mar 3, 2008, 1:45:47 AM3/3/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

Fox News ad on Facebook
By Don Day
Fox News is running an ad campaign on Facebook, with a video promo for this Tuesday’s election coverage. The ad in the News Feed says “Tune-in as America’s election HQ, Fox News, brings you first, fair and accurate information as the ...
Lost Remote - http://www.lostremote.com

I’m getting bored of Facebook
By Sarah
It’s like we are on the same wavelength, maybe the same Facebook group? But seriously, who doesn’t hate logging in their Facebook only to see the 300 new application requests, or the crap-ton of pokes. Maybe I really am popular! haha no ...
DHADM - http://www.dhadm.com

Google Alerts

Mar 3, 2008, 4:59:36 AM3/3/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

facebook
By sweets(sweets)
i caved... yes i did... i joined facebook... but the hopeless optimist that i am, i actually thought facebook would be easy... either it is easy and i'm just clueless or i'm just not getting it... i sent out invitations that i didn't ...
Sweets - http://sweetassrsa.blogspot.com/

Facebook Now In German - Thanks To 2000 Translaters
By Search-Engines-Web.com
Facebook will launch in German tomorrow, thanks to 2000 users who’ve helped translate the site using an application that Facebook released a couple of months ago to a limited number of users. Supported languages include German, ...
Google Blogoscoped Forum - http://blogoscoped.com/forum/

Facebook: Magazines should build apps, not their own social nets
By Martin Stabe
In a not entirely surprising point of view, Facebook’s “chief revenue officer” has said magazine publishers shouldn’t bother building their own vertical social networking sites. In a keynote interview at a Magazine Publishers of America ...
The Wire - http://blogs.pressgazette.co.uk/wire

Google Alerts

Mar 3, 2008, 5:23:31 AM3/3/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google News Alert for: facebook

Is Facebook’s Platform a Strategic Mistake?
The Industry Standard - San Francisco,CA,USA
Last year, Facebook chief executive Mark Zuckerberg suggested that a PC operating system was the inspiration for Facebook’s new “Platform. ...

Facebook Multiplayer Game Pits Friend against Foe
PR Web (press release) - Ferndale,WA,USA
Snoqualmie, WA (PRWEB) March 3, 2008 -- Did you know there's a real-time battle raging on Facebook? Every day good and evil struggle for control of Harmony ...

Facebook gets face-lift, causes frenzy
Baruch College The Ticker - NY,USA
You've just received an e-mail that reads "Jane Doe sent you a message on Facebook." You quickly log onto your Facebook account to retrieve it and what do ...

Google Alerts

Mar 3, 2008, 7:41:50 AM3/3/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

Friend Density Maps on FaceBook
By (Adena Schutzberg)
Reader Kyle passed along news of a new Facebook app called Friend Density. It does what you'd think - plots the density (thematic heat map of sorts) of where your friends are. Apparently at launch it was not worldwide, but is now. ...
All Points Blog - http://apb.directionsmag.com/

Loladex - New Facebook Local App
By Andrew Shotland
As I mentioned in my previous Facebook local post, Has Facebook Solved Local Search?, I think that the Facebook platform could evolve to become one of the best ways to find local businesses because of the size and quality of the social ...
Local SEO Guide - http://www.localseoguide.com

Facebook - so 2007
By Mike Butcher
Facebook is just, like soooo over? No, wait, before we descend into cliché, the more interesting thing about the below video is that it’s not made by Americans, but by Brits, bored with Facebook’s more useless applications and the like. ...
TechCrunch UK - http://uk.techcrunch.com

Banned from Facebook: One Lawyer's Story
By Bill Gratsch
Recently, I [Solove] was talking with David Lat, author of the blog Above the Law, and he was complaining about being banished from Facebook. David was an active user of Facebook, and he suddenly and inexplicably found himself banned ...
Blawg's Blog by Bill Gratsch - http://blog.blawg.com/Default.aspx

Google Alerts

Mar 3, 2008, 9:04:46 AM3/3/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google News Alert for: facebook

Networking sites MySpace, Facebook losing popularity
The Grand Rapids Press - MLive.com - Grand Rapids,MI,USA
"Most of the people I know have moved on from MySpace to Facebook," said Brad Grace, a 19-year-old Grand Valley State University student who made the switch ...

Hasbro, Mattel Threaten to Nix Scrabulous
Techtree.com - Mumbai,India
Played mostly on the popular social networking Web site, Facebook, "Scrabulous" is a virtual replica of its board game parent, Hasbro and Mattel's ...

Zannel Opens Developer API and Adds Twitter/Flickr/Facebook Feeds ...
Business Wire (press release) - San Francisco,CA,USA
Custom tags can be added to Flickr feeds, and Facebook feeds can update user status or media albums based on the content contained in the message. ...

Google Alerts

Mar 3, 2008, 9:48:21 AM3/3/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

Facebook speaks German
By Elmar
I´ma German developer announcing in his English-only blog that Facebook is now supporting the German language… ehm… It´s true though and quite a surprise because it came right after Spanish. The aerobis Plugin supports English and ...
Various Ways // Elmar´s Blog - http://aerobis.wordpress.com

Google Alerts

Mar 3, 2008, 12:38:52 PM3/3/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

Social Music Showdown: Facebook Music partners with iTunes ...
Amid ongoing competitive pressure from Facebook, MySpace is taking its latest shot at entering the music business as other social networking peers, such as Last.fm and imeem, are making big audience gains with ad-supported music ...
- http://www.thedailyswarm.com/

Ypulse Essentials: Facebook Band Pages, DanceJam Launches ...
Facebook faces the music (and launches MySpace-like band pages. Plus do widgets work as brand builders?) (Wired) (BusinessWeek). - Hipster-Hop (Ypulse 2008 National Mashup advisory board member Karl Carter on "hipster-hop" or music and ...
Ypulse - http://ypulse.com/

Google Alerts

Mar 3, 2008, 12:59:10 PM3/3/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google News Alert for: facebook

Facebook gets in the way of UK teens' homework
TechRadar.com - London,UK
The UK’s 15-to-19-year-olds are spending far less time doing homework these days due to social networking sites such as Facebook, MySpace and Bebo. ...

Facebook Accomodates Musicians
Digitaltrends.com - Lake Oswego,OR,USA
By Nick Mokey After years of MySpace’s dominance as an outlet and networking tool for amateur and professional musicians alike, Facebook has finally jumped ...

'Generation Facebook' IT skills wasted at work
Silicon.com - UK
By Natasha Lomas The tech savvy of 'generation Facebook' is going down the drain at work, new research has found. People who have left education in the last ...

Facebook Launches Music Pages
CMJ.com - USA
On Thursday, social networking behemoth Facebook launched its new music-oriented feature, Facebook Music, which will allow artists and labels to post and ...

Google Alerts

Mar 3, 2008, 2:38:00 PM3/3/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

The refreshing side of Facebook fatigue
By Shane Schick
After cruising a wave of hype and adulation that at times felt like one big online party, Facebook (along with similar social networking sites) is dealing with a rather prolonged morning after. About a month ago, Web measurement firm ...
Shane Schick's Computerworld - http://blogs.itworldcanada.com/shane

Benjamin Ling at Graphing Social Patterns
By Nick O'Neill
Benjamin Ling of Facebook is currently speaking at the Graphing Social Patterns conference. I hate to be overly critical of Facebook but as usual the presentation displays nothing new. Benjamin is giving an overview their new profiles ...

Interesting New Use of Facebook
By Kevin Maney
Martin Varsavsky, the iconoclastic CEO of Fon.com, just posted this update on his Facebook profile: "Martin :job vacancy my coo resigned, amazing org skills? facebook me." Related Links Facebook Page? Or Exhibit A in Court? ...
- http://www.portfolio.com/views/blogs/the-tech-observer/

Facebook Germany: get 'anklopfenned' by your friends
By Jemima Kiss
Facebook's German-language version launches today, thanks, in no small part, to 2000 German speakers who translated the entire site in less than two weeks. Anyone accessing the site from a German-speaking country (there are more than ...
PDA - http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/digitalcontent/

Google Alerts

Mar 3, 2008, 3:27:41 PM3/3/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google News Alert for: facebook

Facebook Platform at Graphing Social Patterns
Digital Podcast News - Long Beach,CA,USA
by Alex Nesbitt Ben Ling, director of Platform Product Marketing at Facebook, speaks about Facebook’s platform. Ben starts by telling a story about a dinner ...

Facebook Goes Gunning for MySpace Band Territory
Marketing Vox News - USA
Following news that it would launch a music component where bands can showcase songs and sell music, Facebook has found an ally in iTunes. ...

Facebook users translate the site again, this time to German
BetaNews - USA
By Tim Conneally, BetaNews The translation project that was only announced at the beginning of the year for Facebook has already made massive progress with ...

Google Alerts

Mar 3, 2008, 5:05:27 PM3/3/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google Blogs Alert for: facebook

VideoMap Comes To FaceBook
By Leslie Poston
During DEMO the creators of YourTrumanShow promised the VideoMap would offer a widget that would work with YouTube, FaceBook, MySpace and more. They said the widget would offer a graphic representation of your video connections and ...
Profy.Com - http://www.profy.com

Google Alerts

Mar 3, 2008, 6:30:53 PM3/3/08
to agur...@gmail.com

Google News Alert for: facebook

Facebook aspires to the frictionless platform
CNET News.com - San Francisco,CA,USA
Ben Ling, director of product marketing for the Facebook platform, gave a brief peek of the upcoming profile page update and outlined Facebook's vision at ...