Notice of Scholarship Opprotunity--Legal English

Daniel Mitterhoff

Nov 17, 2016, 8:45:53 PM11/17/16
to Myanmar Law

Dear Colleagues:

   My organization, China-Mekong Law Center, is sponsoring an academic scholarship for someone with a B.A. in English (hopefully with additional experience, background and/or connections with law) to pursue an M.A. in Teaching English as a Second Language at Payap University in Chiang Mai.  Per the attached notice, the scholarship candidate must also have at least one year of experience teaching English.  The student will conduct his/her research thesis on "Teaching Legal English to Myanmar Lawyers and Law Students" and, after graduation, is expected to work on providing Legal English training to Myanmar lawyers and law students, so that the latter can better access international legal training.

   My guess is that the best scholarship candidates will come from English Depts. or a Lecturer from Law Faculty that already teaches Legal English at his/her university.  However, applications from others with relevant experience are also encouraged.

  More details are in the attached notice.  Please encourage your colleagues (suitable candidates) to apply.  Please note the application process and deadlines.

  Thanks so much.  Dan

Daniel J. Mitterhoff, President

CHINA-MEKONG LAW CENTER

11 East Mt. Royal Avenue

Suite 101

Baltimore, Maryland 21201

Tel: 202-775-0335

China Mobile: 13501203547

Thai Mobile: 061-502-2251

Myanmar Mobile: 09-772583071

Selected Works: http://works.bepress.com/daniel_mitterhoff/

SSRN: http://ssrn.com/author=1089713

Notice of Scholarship Opportunity MA in TESOL at Payap University (China-Mekong Law Center).pdf

Zunetta Herbert

Nov 18, 2016, 4:36:54 AM11/18/16
to Myanmar Law
This sounds like a great opportunity for someone Dan.

We are often looking for teachers of legal English to work with Myanmar law firms. We will spread the word,

Zunetta
(Tharthi Myay Foundation, formerly Partners Asia in Myanmar)

Daniel Mitterhoff

Nov 19, 2016, 9:36:51 PM11/19/16
to myanm...@googlegroups.com

Dear Zunetta:

  Thanks for spreading the word on the scholarship opportunity.  Hopefully we will get some suitable, if not stellar, candidates.

  Best wishes, Dan

Nov 19, 2016, 9:38:05 PM11/19/16
to Abridged recipients