Translation of 2016 Peaceful Assembly and Peaceful Procession Law

Kate Vigneswaran

Jul 11, 2017, 12:50:52 AM7/11/17
to myanm...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

I'm looking for an english translation of the 2016 Peaceful Assembly and Peaceful Procession Law. Does anyone have a copy or know where I can find it?

Thanks,
Kate

Thomas Kean

Jul 11, 2017, 1:05:22 AM7/11/17
to myanm...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I'm also looking for this one if anyone has it. Thanks!
Tom

--

---

Albert Saw Nyan Htun

Jul 23, 2017, 10:40:35 PM7/23/17
to myanm...@googlegroups.com
Here we go. Please see attached pdf.

--

---

Saw Nyan Htun @ Albert
Peaceful Assembly and Peaceful Demostration Law.pdf

Kate Vigneswaran

Jul 24, 2017, 5:22:25 AM7/24/17
to myanm...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much Albert. Could you clarify for me when this law entered into force? I see it is dated 2011.

Best,
Kate

Albert Saw Nyan Htun

Jul 24, 2017, 9:53:20 PM7/24/17
to myanm...@googlegroups.com
Dear Kate,

We may assume that the law was come into force on the day of enactment because there is no provision for specifying for further enforcement date in the substance. There is an amendment as well which was enacted on 2014 (26/2014 to be exact). Unfortunately, I do not have the English translation of such amendment.

I hope it is helpful.

Best,
Albert

Kate Allan

Jul 24, 2017, 10:16:34 PM7/24/17
to myanm...@googlegroups.com
Dear Albert,

Thank you for the clarification. I understand there is also a 2016 amendment. If I manage to get hold of a translation I'll share it.

Best
Kate

Sent from my iPhone
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to myanmarlaw+...@googlegroups.com.

Muhammad Tanveer

Aug 1, 2017, 8:28:04 AM8/1/17
to Myanmar Law
Hello,

We are available. for any translations.

burmal...@gmail.com

Sep 7, 2017, 10:58:38 PM9/7/17
to Myanmar Law
Dear Kate,

I have just seen your request. Sorry for my late response. The law was adopted on 2 December, 2011 and amended on 24 June 2014 (I have no English translation of the amendment). In 2016 the NLD set about further amendments but so far as I know, these are not yet completed.   I have sent out for updates, but this is the latest info I have:  http://www.mmtimes.com/index.php/national-news/nay-pyi-taw/22591-union-legislature-to-tackle-protest-law-differences.html
and here are the search results on www.burmalibrary.org for "Peaceful Assembly and Peaceful Procession":
http://www.burmalibrary.org/search.php?t=k&sstr=+PEACEFUL+ASSEMBLY+AND+PEACEFUL+PROCESSION+&c=0&q=all&o=d&f0=1&a0=1&v=1
(I am not sure if this is a permanent link. If not you can use the search terms).

 Sincerely,

David Arnott

On Tuesday, July 11, 2017 at 11:50:52 AM UTC+7, Kate Vigneswaran wrote:
Dear all,

I'm looking for an English translation of the 2016 Peaceful Assembly and Peaceful Procession Law. Does anyone have a copy or know where I can find it?

Thanks,
Kate

Kate Vigneswaran

Sep 22, 2017, 9:07:43 AM9/22/17
to myanm...@googlegroups.com
Dear David

My apologies for my very late response to your email. Thanks so much for following up.

Best wishes,
Kate

oliver spencer

Sep 23, 2017, 2:16:10 AM9/23/17
to Myanmar Law
Dear all,

I just wanted to mention that the NGO, www.FreeExpressionMyanmar.org (FEM) has most laws relating to free speech on it in English. We're also trying to get as many drafts up on it too so that there's more clarity for researchers and advocates.

Best,
Oliver

Cornelius Friesendorf

Oct 23, 2017, 5:18:28 AM10/23/17
to Myanmar Law
Dear Kate,

I am not sure if you have already received a translated version of the 2016 law. If not: please find attached a translation produced by our project.

Best wishes,

Conny

Dr Cornelius Friesendorf
Key Expert Legal Framework and Parliament (DCAF)
Support to the Reform of the Myanmar Police Force
Project funded by the European Union
MGallery Hotel
Hanthawaddy Villa (Gate 2)
Dekkhina Thiri Road
Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar
Mobile: +95 9 961 922 326
cornelius....@gmail.com
www.dcaf.ch/node/11427

Peaceful Assembly and Peaceful Procession Law_translation MyPol 23_10_17.docx