faultDetail: {}@return code: 404

James Buckingham

Aug 17, 2012, 6:15:26 AM8/17/12
to mxu...@googlegroups.com
Hi group,

Bit of a weird one this.

I've not done any work on one of our projects for a few months now and revisting this week I'm finding that the MXUnit Eclipse plugin is now throwing the following error at me:-

faultDetail: {}:return code: 404

Not Found

The requested URL /enrolnow/test/resources/RemoteFacade.cfc was not found on this server.

The tests are being listed fine but this then gets thrown up in a "Server Response" pop-up window when I try and run them.

The browser-based version seems to be fine, I can access the RemoteFacade on a browser also (getting a WDDX packet in the source saying everything is cool). I'm not aware of any configuration change on this project either so I'm a bit confused as to why Eclipse can't access this.

Check with the rest of our team they seem to be getting the same issue as well.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Cheers,
James

Does anyone have any ideas?

James Buckingham

Aug 17, 2012, 6:18:36 AM8/17/12
to mxu...@googlegroups.com
P.S. Here's the Eclipse error logs as well:-

Log #1
java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not connect to facade URL.

Try running this in a browser: http://localhost/enrolnow/test/resources/RemoteFacade.cfc?wsdl&method=ping
at org.mxunit.eclipseplugin.actions.BaseRemoteAction.verifyOKToRun(BaseRemoteAction.java:39)
at org.mxunit.eclipseplugin.actions.TestLoadAction$1.run(TestLoadAction.java:69)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

Log #2
Error running ping to URL http://localhost/enrolnow/test/resources/RemoteFacade.cfc?wsdl

{}:return code:  404
<title>404 Not Found</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Not Found</h1>

{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}HttpErrorCode:404

(404)Not Found
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.readFromSocket(HTTPSender.java:744)
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:144)
at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)
at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)
at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:165)
at org.mxunit.eclipseplugin.actions.bindings.generated.RemoteFacadeCfcSoapBindingStub.ping(RemoteFacadeCfcSoapBindingStub.java:364)
at org.mxunit.eclipseplugin.actions.util.RemoteCallCreator.runPing(RemoteCallCreator.java:189)
at org.mxunit.eclipseplugin.actions.BaseRemoteAction.verifyOKToRun(BaseRemoteAction.java:37)
at org.mxunit.eclipseplugin.actions.TestLoadAction$1.run(TestLoadAction.java:69)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

Log #3
RemoteException calling getServerType

AxisFault
faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}HTTP
faultSubcode:
faultString: (404)Not Found
faultActor:
faultNode:
faultDetail:
{}:return code:  404
<title>404 Not Found</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Not Found</h1>

{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}HttpErrorCode:404

(404)Not Found
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.readFromSocket(HTTPSender.java:744)
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:144)
at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)
at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)
at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:165)
at org.mxunit.eclipseplugin.actions.bindings.generated.RemoteFacadeCfcSoapBindingStub.getServerType(RemoteFacadeCfcSoapBindingStub.java:403)
at org.mxunit.eclipseplugin.actions.util.RemoteCallCreator.initFacade(RemoteCallCreator.java:73)
at org.mxunit.eclipseplugin.actions.util.RemoteCallCreator.createFacade(RemoteCallCreator.java:112)
at org.mxunit.eclipseplugin.actions.TestLoadAction$1.run(TestLoadAction.java:65)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

Marc Esher

Aug 17, 2012, 7:56:40 AM8/17/12
to mxu...@googlegroups.com
What happens when you use the RemoteFacadeTester?

http://wiki.mxunit.org/display/default/Eclipse+Plugin+Troubleshooting#EclipsePluginTroubleshooting-UsingtheRemoteFacadeTester.cfm

James Buckingham

Aug 17, 2012, 9:01:55 AM8/17/12
to mxu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the quick reply Marc.

Ok so I've copied that file down into my project and I've made the recommended changes to the following :-

<!--- change these as necessary --->
<cfset mycomponent = "modules.quickAddress.unit.model.QAS.resultsIteratorTest">
<cfset myfunction = "setup">
<cfset remoteURL = "http://localhost/enrolnow/test/resources/RemoteFacade.cfc?wsdl">

setup() wasn't an ideal chose for testing this but anything else throw a CF error with missing variables due to setup not being run before hand.

Anyway the results I'm getting look like this. Correct me if I've done anything wrong here please :-)

running test directly

running test through test suite

results when running through test suite - array
1
results when running through test suite - struct
ACTUAL [empty string]
COMPONENT modules.quickAddress.unit.model.QAS.resultsIteratorTest
CONTENT [empty string]
DATETIME 08/17/2012 1:55:34 PM
DEBUG
results when running through test suite - array [empty]
ERROR [empty string]
EXPECTED [empty string]
NUMBER 1
TESTNAME setup
TESTSTATUS Passed
TIME 515
TRACE [empty string]

running test through remote facade

Ping result: YES
Server Type: ColdFusion Server
The web site you are accessing has experienced an unexpected error.
Please contact the website administrator.

The following information is meant for the website developer for debugging purposes.
Error Occurred While Processing Request

Cannot perform web service invocation executeTestCase.

The fault returned when invoking the web service operation is:<br> <pre>AxisFault faultCode: {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server.userException faultSubcode: faultString: coldfusion.xml.rpc.CFCInvocationException: [coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage$NoSuchTemplateException : Could not find the ColdFusion Component or Interface modules.quickAddress.unit.model.QAS.resultsIteratorTest.] faultActor: faultNode: faultDetail: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}hostname:WEBTEAM06 ''</pre>

Resources:
  • Enable Robust Exception Information to provide greater detail about the source of errors. In the Administrator, click Debugging & Logging > Debug Output Settings, and select the Robust Exception Information option.
  • Check the ColdFusion documentation to verify that you are using the correct syntax.
  • Search the Knowledge Base to find a solution to your problem.

Browser   Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.2; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
Remote Address   127.0.0.1
Referrer
Date/Time   17-Aug-12 01:55 PM

Cheers,
James

James Buckingham

Aug 17, 2012, 9:05:15 AM8/17/12
to mxu...@googlegroups.com
If I'm reading that right it looks like the test suite run was fine - although there isn't any assertions in the setup method.

The remote call though through that nasty litte error and can't see to find them CFC

Marc Esher

Aug 22, 2012, 8:29:58 AM8/22/12
to mxu...@googlegroups.com
One thing I don't understand: In that Axis error, why does it think
the hostname is "WEBTEAM06"?
> --
> "mxunit" group.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mxunit/-/0Fzn1CZ-qg8J.

James Buckingham

Aug 22, 2012, 9:32:01 AM8/22/12
to mxu...@googlegroups.com
That's the name of my development machine.

A colleage, just returning from holiday, seems to have fixed this problem on his dev' box by disabling his proxy settings within IE.

I've tried a few combinations of the same thing but still no success. It's a postive step in the right direction though :-)

Cheers,
James

James Buckingham

Aug 22, 2012, 9:41:21 AM8/22/12
to mxu...@googlegroups.com
.... and we're up and running :-)

Looks like the turning off of the proxy in IE don't affect Eclipse until you restart it.

Thanks for your help though Marc. Once again, it's much appreciated.

James