Web service call

Rick Weiser

Sep 8, 2015, 3:01:59 PM9/8/15
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
Hi all,

I am working on project that requires a web service call from within basic on a Windows D3 server (v9.x) to setup a transaction, sending variables and returning variables.

Does D3 have anything out of the box that would help me do this?

Thanks in advance,

Rick

Kevin Powick

Sep 8, 2015, 4:50:57 PM9/8/15
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
I had a detailed reply, but the groups web interface blew up and I'm not typing it again.

Short answer:  Nothing out of the box other than sockets, which is probably too low level for what you want.  Next step up is to interface to something outside of D3.  Shelling out to CURL might be the easiest of several options here.

--
Kevin Powick

Ross Ferris

Sep 9, 2015, 12:47:18 AM9/9/15
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
Install WSH & use JavaScript?

David Knight

Sep 9, 2015, 2:43:23 AM9/9/15
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
Hi Rick,
I assume you know of MVS Toolkit? This may or not be part of your solution; as I DID read that you want to do this from within d3; not without! That said, I know Ross Reichardt formerly of T-Data here in Sydney, currently "available" due to the shake-up of Rocket distributorships here in Oz, has & knows how to do just what you are speaking of..

Contact me offline [you have my email] and I will link you two up.

Rick Weiser

Sep 9, 2015, 4:49:54 PM9/9/15
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
Fyi, we are going to create an executable that will do what we need and then perform EXECUTE "!":command from within D3 to start the process.

Thanks for you comments.

Rick

Glen Batchelor

Sep 9, 2015, 4:51:36 PM9/9/15
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
Use DATA to stack on stdout before EXECUTE and you can read from stdin within the command line app or shell script.

Nathan Rector

Sep 9, 2015, 4:52:55 PM9/9/15
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
Rick,

If you are looking to consume a web service from D3 Basic, then you
should look at using 'curl'. You can find a "curl.exe" through google
that will take care of what you are trying to do.

EXECUTE '!curl http://www.googleapi.com/maps/?address=kkkkkk' CAPTURING
OUTPUT

-Nathan
> --

Nathan Rector
International Spectrum, Inc
http://www.intl-spectrum.com
Phone: 720-259-1356

Glen Batchelor

Sep 9, 2015, 4:55:00 PM9/9/15
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
In lieu of a basic cURL GET/POST, Perl SOAP::Lite is great for proxying web services using the service parameters as documented. I do this for TrustCommerce card processing as well as address validation via Melissa Data.