Zumasys appointed as OpenQM worldwide reseller

Martin Phillips

Jan 9, 2015, 11:37:31 AM1/9/15
to mvd...@googlegroups.com

Ladybridge Systems is pleased to announce that Zumasys, based in Irvine, California, has been appointed as worldwide reseller for the OpenQM multivalue database product.

Martin Phillips, Technical Director of Ladybridge Systems said "This is an exciting relationship which brings the strength of the Zumasys sales, marketing and support teams to the OpenQM product, considerably enhancing the position of OpenQM in the multivalue market."

Design and development responsibilities for OpenQM remain with UK based Ladybridge Systems.

Other OpenQM resellers are largely unaffected by this move except that they will, in most cases, obtain licences via Zumasys.

QM users should contact Ladybridge Systems if they need clarification of the situation regarding their licence.

Ladybridge Systems Ltd
17b Coldstream Lane, Hardingstone, Northampton NN4 6DB, England
www.openqm.com

Rick Weiser

Jan 9, 2015, 2:39:03 PM1/9/15
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
WOW, What's next? Zumasys to acquire Rocket?

MarioB

Jan 12, 2015, 10:42:22 PM1/12/15
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
If it comes with an object code based cross compiler (D3 x QM) then Yes Please

Martin Phillips

Jan 13, 2015, 4:38:27 AM1/13/15
to mvd...@googlegroups.com

Hi Mario,

Sorry, no object code based cross compiler. Should I assume from your posting that you have an application but have lost the source code? If I am incorrect and you do still have the source code, please talk with Zumasys re migration.

Martin Phillips

Ladybridge Systems Ltd
17b Coldstream Lane, Hardingstone, Northampton NN4 6DB, England

MarioB

Jan 14, 2015, 5:23:54 PM1/14/15
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martin,

Not lost, source is available for business logic etc but not for the ancient 4GL framework around which it is built and dependent.
My comment was about being able to move between MV environments rather than being locked & probably about my own preconceptions and greener pastures.

Martin Phillips

Jan 15, 2015, 4:46:36 AM1/15/15
to mvd...@googlegroups.com

Hi again Mario,

I have heard rumours of a decompiler that might at least get you back to a source version that could be recompiled. I have no idea where this might come from.

Martin Phillips
Ladybridge Systems Ltd
17b Coldstream Lane, Hardingstone, Northampton NN4 6DB, England
+44 (0)1604-709200

Steven Davies-Morris

Jan 15, 2015, 11:13:21 AM1/15/15
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
On 01/15/2015 01:46 AM, Martin Phillips wrote:
> Hi again Mario,
>
> I have heard rumours of a decompiler that might at least get you back to
> a source version that could be recompiled. I have no idea where this
> might come from.
>
> Martin Phillips
> Ladybridge Systems Ltd
> 17b Coldstream Lane, Hardingstone, Northampton NN4 6DB, England
> +44 (0)1604-709200

Mario,

Micro/Mini Systems (aka Software by Malone) had a decompiler for AP/Pro
(and by extension it also worked on d3), R83 and Fujitsu. The last time
I used it was probably 12 years ago on D3 7.2.x but I'd not be surprised
if it would still get the job done. Obviously not for flash-compiled
code, just the traditional Pick Basic "P" code.

I have no idea if the product is still available but here's the contact
information I had. It's at least a place to start.

Software by Malone
13939 Gold Circle
Omaha
Nebraska 68144

Phone: (402) 333-6783
Fax: (402) 333-6931

David Andreassen was my contact.

I never inquired if it was ever ported to other variants of Pick, but
this is as least a place to start. The generic R83 version might get
you there on an MV/Base or Mentor system. I wouldn't want to speculate
about MV/Enterprise or similar (C/Itoh?).

The interweb is your friend! Good hunting!
--
SDM a 21st century schizoid man in SoCal
Systems Theory website www.systemstheory.net
Through The Looking Glass radio show at www.deepnuggets.com