Select/export entire records, not just item-ids

Han Timmers

Oct 25, 2017, 6:32:02 AM10/25/17
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
I rather unfamiliar with D3, I just know a few 'tricks' to get some data out.

Until now I used 'Copy to (dos' to export entire files, but because of size I'm looking into exporting subsets.

To get all records where the item-id start with '2017', I have tried:

SELECT myitems = '2017]'

SAVE-LIST myitems2017

COPY-LIST myitems2017
TO: (dos:c:\myitems

DELETE-LIST myitems2017

But this outputs only the item-ids, how can I get the complete records?

Steve Trimble

Oct 25, 2017, 8:29:27 AM10/25/17
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
Han:
try this:
GET-LIST myitems2017
COPY myitems
TO:(dos:c:\temp

Steve Trimble
Computerized Data Mgmt Inc
(501) 772-3450 cell / text

Wols Lists

Oct 25, 2017, 8:37:29 AM10/25/17
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
Go to PickWiki, and look at a couple of the dump programs there. I know
I've put a couple there, and they respect select lists.

Cheers,
Wol

christian cottet

Oct 25, 2017, 9:03:04 AM10/25/17
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
get-list myitems2017
copy myitems
to:(dos:c:\myitems

hopela

Zumasys Reply

Oct 25, 2017, 9:07:35 AM10/25/17
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
Han

This will work

    SELECT myitems = “20117]”

   COPY myitems

    TO: (dos:C:\myitems

The COPY-LIST command is saying to copy only the items  ids.  And when doing the select command you have an active select list that will be used by the copy command.

Mitch

Tony Gravagno

Oct 25, 2017, 2:08:10 PM10/25/17
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
The correct solution was provided by others.
In addition, note that single quotes should only be used to reference specific item IDs, not in selection criteria. For example:

'2017]' could/will be interpreted as the item ID '2017]'.
"2017]" is certainly interpreted as all items beginning with "2017".

Also note the DOS: host spec is redundant with drive specs. The DOS: spec forces @AM to CRLF, where UNIX: forces @AM to LF. But if you're using C:, D:, E:, etc, those host definitions already include the same spec.
So all that is required is:
To:  (C:/temp

Also:
LIST C:/Temp
ED C:/Temp FOO.txt
Open "C:/Temp" to f.temp
etc.

HTH

chandru murthi

Nov 12, 2017, 5:03:54 PM11/12/17
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
SELECT myitems = '2017]'

Tony said:      '2017]' could/will be interpreted as the item ID '2017]'.

Never with an "="n front of it.

Chandru