Arthur Martz

Dec 10, 2017, 3:31:08 PM12/10/17
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
Once a D3 basic program does a READNEXT on a list, it 'consumes the list, and it is not available for passing down to an execute.

Arthur Martz

Dec 10, 2017, 9:14:42 PM12/10/17
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure that's going to work. I don't know that you can feed a dynamic array in as an active list like that. If I'm not mistaken, Universe and Unidata have a FORMLIST statement that will convert an array into an actual active list.

David Knight

Dec 11, 2017, 3:54:41 PM12/11/17
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
Hi Arthur,
I assume you are answering in this no subject thread to my last response about EXECUTE syntax including the option to PASSLIST?

You are correct, you cannot pass a dynamic array as a list; you have to pass a list. Hence the need to "SELECT dynarray TO listname" first; then use 'listname' in the EXECUTE syntax. The SELECT TO will take a dynamic array & turn it into a list [see manual]. Works like a charm in d3 & is FAST

Arthur Martz

Dec 11, 2017, 9:03:53 PM12/11/17
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
I was clicking on the reply to link in the message, I see now no subject. Note for next time...   😏

Wols Lists

Dec 12, 2017, 6:45:41 AM12/12/17
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
On 12/12/17 02:03, Arthur Martz wrote:
> I was clicking on the reply to link in the message, I see now no
> subject. Note for next time... 😏

Which is weird, because another problem your messages have is there is
no threading.

Replies with no subject, no threading, and no context (nothing was
quoted) aren't much use, sorry. Seems like it's not your fault, but ...
something is clearly badly wrong somewhere.

Cheers,
Wol