Does IDBMA still exist?

JJCSR

Jan 16, 2017, 9:52:39 AM1/16/17
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
I just "googled" IDBMA and nothing surfaced that seemed to be recent news.   There is an office in San Diego entitled IDBMA, but it is a public relations office.
Is there still an International Database Management Association IDBMA?   I was curious as to whether or not they were still having annual conferences.

Jim Cronin
Kittery Trading Post

Kevin King

Jan 16, 2017, 10:27:18 AM1/16/17
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
I don't know about idbma specifically but Nathan Rector is still having Spectrum conferences. See www.Intl-Spectrum.com.

Nathan Rector

Jan 16, 2017, 10:33:32 AM1/16/17
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
Morning Jon,

IDBMA changed names in 2006 to "International Spectrum" when I purchased
it from Gus and Monica. We still do conferences, magazine, and other
MultiValue Related topics and articles.

The Annual Conference is May 1-4th, 2017 in Phoenix.

You can find out more at: http://www.intl-spectrum.com/conference/

- Nathan Rector
International Spectrum

On 1/16/2017 8:27 AM, Kevin King wrote:
> I don't know about idbma specifically but Nathan Rector is still having
> Spectrum conferences. See www.Intl-Spectrum.com
> <http://www.Intl-Spectrum.com>.
>
> On Jan 16, 2017 7:52 AM, "JJCSR" <jcro...@gmail.com
> <mailto:jcro...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> I just "googled" IDBMA and nothing surfaced that seemed to be recent
> news. There is an office in San Diego entitled IDBMA, but it is a
> public relations office.
> Is there still an International Database Management Association
> IDBMA? I was curious as to whether or not they were still having
> annual conferences.
>
> Jim Cronin
> Kittery Trading Post
>
> --

JJCSR

Jan 16, 2017, 12:05:03 PM1/16/17
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
Thanks for the replies.   I knew that Gus and Monica had sold to Nathan but did not realize name change.
I was looking, specifically, for info on the conference.

Jim (a.k.a "Jon") Cronin

Nathan Rector

Jan 16, 2017, 12:08:51 PM1/16/17
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
Jim,

Sorry about the 'Jon'. I hit send before I realized that I type the
wrong name. Embarrassed!

-Nathan

On 1/16/2017 10:05 AM, JJCSR wrote:
> Thanks for the replies. I knew that Gus and Monica had sold to Nathan
> but did not realize name change.
> I was looking, specifically, for info on the conference.
>
> Jim (a.k.a "Jon") Cronin

Nathan Rector
International Spectrum, Inc
http://www.intl-spectrum.com
Phone: 720-259-1356

Conference Dates: May 1th-4th
http://www.intl-spectrum.com/conference/

JJCSR

Jan 16, 2017, 1:02:56 PM1/16/17
to Pick and MultiValue Databases

JJCSR

Jan 16, 2017, 1:04:12 PM1/16/17
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
Not a problem, Nathan.   Thanks for the reply.
I'm going to try to get to the conference, and that was my reason for the inquiry.

Have a great day,

Jim

Kevin King

Jan 16, 2017, 1:27:57 PM1/16/17
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
Jim, if you get to Phoenix for Spectrum, be sure to look me up.  Would love to meet you.

-K

JJCSR

Jan 17, 2017, 10:43:21 AM1/17/17
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
Thanks, Kevin, will do.   Still trying to get my act together.

Jim
To unsubscribe, email to: mvdbms+un...@googlegroups.com

-K

Dawn Wolthuis

Jan 17, 2017, 1:02:00 PM1/17/17
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
I hope to see you in Phoenix, Jim!

--Dawn

Dawn M. Wolthuis

Take and give some delight today

Ross Ferris

Jan 17, 2017, 6:43:45 PM1/17/17
to Pick and MultiValue Databases, dw...@tincat-group.com
C'mon Dawn! An exclamation, just to highlight you got Jon's name right :-)