problem with PicLan-IP

kevin holz

Jul 29, 2014, 5:57:19 AM7/29/14
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
Hello, I installed PicLan-IP Version 2.1.1 Build 2006-03-11 for OpenQM GPL.
But when I want start the server (with PLIP-START), I have the message "error connecting to socket server - Error calling connect - 111"
Is there someone which know what do please?

Martin Phillips

Jul 29, 2014, 7:25:26 AM7/29/14
to mvd...@googlegroups.com

Hi Kevin,

If you are using the open source version of QM, you will have to get support from the open source community as, under the terms of the GPL, this version comes with absolutely no warranty or support.

On the other hand, if you are using the commercial version, please submit a support request via the product web site.

Martin Phillips
Ladybridge Systems Ltd
17b Coldstream Lane, Hardingstone, Northampton NN4 6DB, England
+44 (0)1604-709200

Tony Gravagno

Jul 29, 2014, 10:13:48 AM7/29/14
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
Hehe, uh Martin - he IS in a public forum, and he DID say GPL. :)
Aside from the QM forum (also public) this is probably the best place to find users of other GPL OpenQM or PicLan-IP.

Kevin, there are a couple common causes for a process not being able to open a socket on a specific port. Make sure the port is completely unused and not in a Closing or other state from previous usage. Verify that the process has permission to open a socket.

And you're working with open source code. Even if you don't understand the syntax, open it up and search for the unique text "Error calling connect". That's bound to be surrounded by something that will give you a clue as to what happened.

kevin holz

Aug 16, 2014, 10:55:08 AM8/16/14
to mvd...@googlegroups.com

I resolved the problem with a recompilation