[AD] NEW EXCEL ADD-ins. GET THE MOST OF YOUR D3, OPENQM AND SQL DATA FROM EXCEL

KOSDAY SOLUTIONS

Jun 9, 2017, 8:24:38 AM6/9/17
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
EXCEL ADD-INS TO CONNECT WITH D3, OPENQM and SQL.

Create Spreadsheets with the needed columns through your own Queries.
From a cell you will have Access to any data.
You will be able to call your own Subroutine or Function in order to read or write the data.

MV Specifications:
Connection to local and remote database.
Simultaneous connection to different data accounts.
List of Files.(LISTFILES).
List of Dictionaries. (LISTDICT).
User Queries. Free Queries construction by the user.
System Queries. Queries construction directly from the data base. These are not handled by the user.
Varclauses. Questions Creation in order to customize the Query.
GetQM and GetD3 Functions. From a Cell:
Returns an atribute, multivalue or subvalue from an Record in a File.
Returns the result of Dictionaries.
MV marks changes by Newline.
Output Format can be, Numeric, Text, Date.
MV Sum.

SubQm and SubD3 Functions. From a Cell:
Returns the result of BASIC subroutine.
20 input arguments maximum.
Can be used to update the Database.

Customized Configuration for all or for each User:
Enable/Disable Menu Bottons.
Block a user´s Connection.
Block entry to a database concrete account.
Enable/Disable the acces to certain Files.
Create non-modifiable System Queries by the User.

Some samples:
GETQM(filename; id; atr [; mv[; sv[; options]]])
GETD3(filename; id; atr [; mv[; sv[; options]]])

=GETQM("SALES";"12001";4)    Extracts the 4 attribute from the 12001 Record  from SALES file.
=GETQM("SALES";"12001";4;1)  Extracts the multivalue 1 from attribute 4 from the 12001 Record from SALES file.
=GETQM("SALES";12001;4;;;"S,!DEMO") Returns the Sum of all multivalue from 4 atribute from 12001 Record from SALES File that are in DEMO Session.
=GETQM("SALES";"12001";4;0;0;"C*")  Changes all Multivalue or Subvalue marks, that could have the attribute 4 by newline chars.
=GETQM("SALES";"12001";"PRICE")  Returns the result of PRICE Dictionary with its conversions..

=GETD3("ORDERS";"1";"LISTPRICE") In the cell is shown: 24.00ý39.00
=GETD3("ORDERS";"1";"LISTPRICE";1) In the cell is shown: 24
=GETD3("ORDERS";"1";"LISTPRICE";0;0;"S") In the cell is shown: 63
=GETD3("ORDERS";"1";"ORDERDATE") If the cell is configured in date format, is shown: October 12, 2008
=GETD3("ORDERS";"1";3;0;0;"D") With the "D" option  and the configured cell in date format, is shown: October 12, 2008

SubQM( subroutineName; sessionName; arg1; arg2; ... arg20 )
SubD3( subroutineName; sessionName; arg1; arg2; ... arg20 )

=SUBQM("GET.FINAL.PRODUCT";"";A1;A2)   Execute your BASIC Subroutine cataloged as GET.FINAL.PRODUCT, passing A1 and A2 cells as arguments
=SUBD3("STOCK.QUANTITY";"SESSION1";A1)  Execute your BASIC Subroutine cataloged as STOCK.QUANTITY in the data account assigned to session1, passing A1 cell as argument.

User Queries:
SORT CUSTOMERS WITH FNAME = "%1]" CUST NAME ADDR TELNO LNAME FNAME

Download the LITE Version in https://www.kosday.com and try it. It is not an evaluation trial.

If you are a Company Software, talk with us and we come to an agreement

Best Regards
Kosday

Peter McMurray

Jun 9, 2017, 11:04:46 PM6/9/17
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
Hi
Fascinating to here from the North of Spain. I suggest you add an English translation page as Google translates some phrases strangely - I am guessing the Concrete database means protected :-) Also clarification of pricing 145 Euros per user  is that each D3 user or each company D3 application.

KOSDAY SOLUTIONS

Jun 10, 2017, 6:54:19 AM6/10/17
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
Hi Peter:

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. You caught me! If we put together our bad English and google translator, we will be able to create a new language. Sorry for that.

About "concrete":
"Block entry to a particular data account."

What we mean is that from your own Basic Subroutine catalogued as SUB.GETD3.LOGIN, you are free to allow or not the access to your data accounts. You can manage what the end user can see or execute.
In this subroutine you also can build the queries so that the end user only execute them: https://www.kosday.com/Manuals/en_WEB_D3/index.html?GET_Subrutina_SUB_GETD3_LOGIN.htm

About Prices:

The software is designed so that the software company gets ready the excel layout, spreadsheets, queries, and it sells the complete solutions (GETD3 + your value add).

All the pointed prices in the web are by license for the end user, and each license is applied to the Windows user where excel is installed. For software companies we have special sale conditions.

In this version, the licenses are single for each windows user. In coming versions, (in this year), will exist the possibility of buying concurrent licenses. For example, if you buy a Concurrent License for 5 end users, you will be able to have installed the add-in in all the computers, but the first five users that get connected, will be PRO License. The next ones who get connected will be LITE License.

Another functionality we will have this year is what we name as Read/Write in our laboratory. A powerful interface so that the end user can make massive "validated writings" from excel in the data account. We will validate whether the field is required, the max length, data type: string, date, integer, decimal, boolean, etc. etc...

The functionalities we have prepared in our roadmap, will allow having a powerful and useful tool. We are in full performance of software development, so any improvement suggestion is welcome.

Best Regards
Pedro Jiménez

MAV

Jun 12, 2017, 3:35:17 AM6/12/17
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
Congratulations, it's a great product.

Marcos Alonso Vega

INGESCO Sistemas Informáticos.

KOSDAY SOLUTIONS

Jun 12, 2017, 11:37:21 AM6/12/17
to Pick and MultiValue Databases

Thanks for your words,  they are very exciting.
Pedro