QM account to D3

Rick Weiser

Sep 24, 2017, 4:51:15 PM9/24/17
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
Hi all,

Has anyone tried to restore a QM account onto D3?  If so, how did you do this?

Thanks,

Rick

Martin Phillips

Sep 25, 2017, 4:36:00 AM9/25/17
to mvd...@googlegroups.com

Hi Rick,

I am not aware of anyone who has migrated a whole QM account from QM to D3. We do have a version of ACCOUNT.SAVE that should do part of the job but migration requires more than just moving the programs and data. For example, several of the VOC record types differ from their MD equivalents.

Also, if the application has used D/I type dictionary items, these would need conversion. And, of course, QM has many features that are not in D3 and would therefore require manual conversion.

Why do you ask?

Martin Phillips
Ladybridge Systems Ltd
17b Coldstream Lane, Hardingstone, Northampton NN4 6DB, England
+44 (0)1604-709200

Tony Gravagno

Sep 26, 2017, 7:19:34 PM9/26/17
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
I published save/restore FOSS at https://bitbucket.org/foss4mv. It uses AccuTerm as a conduit to export/import between environments. This can be fitted with hooks for QM - the code was made for such adaptations. I haven't looked at it in years, I know it needs work, but as-is it's saved a few systems that were otherwise inaccessible and incompatible.

HTH

Rick Weiser

Sep 27, 2017, 11:09:43 AM9/27/17
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
Thanks Martin and Tony,

The project got shelved for now.  I will let you know if I need help with this when it gets dusted off.

Rick