Finding somone with PICK/BASIC Experiance

Jordan Bastable

Feb 2, 2016, 6:12:49 PM2/2/16
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
I hope this is an appropriate posting for this message board... I must admit I have little to no IT experience.

So here is my question.  My firm recently acquired a business that uses a system that operates on the PICK/BASIC platform.  The IT manager un-expectantly resigned due to some health issues.  We have been scrambling to find a replacement but finding someone with this experience has been challenging.

Can anybody provide a good resource to source someone with this experience,. or perhaps provide other skill sets that might be transferrable.

The job is in the Philadelphia area if that matters.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Nathan Rector

Feb 2, 2016, 6:21:30 PM2/2/16
to mvd...@googlegroups.com

There are a lot of people with good skill sets here on this list. May
have been working with MultiValue/PICK for over 30 years.

You can also with a headhunter like Matt Hart at ExecSys
(http://www.eslny.com/) which have been in MultiValue/PICK community for
many years.

There is a good article on PickWiki that talks about hiring:

http://www.pickwiki.com/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Employment

You can also send International Spectrum your job posting and we will
send it out to everyone that gets our email newsletter.

http://www.intl-spectrum.com/

-Nathan Rector
International Spectrum--

Nathan Rector
International Spectrum, Inc
http://www.intl-spectrum.com
Phone: 720-259-1356

Steve Douglas

Feb 2, 2016, 6:29:21 PM2/2/16
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
Along with the info that Nathan provided.  It may help the group if you provided some more detail on the industry involved and also what flavor/version of Pick the business is running.  We are in Northern Delaware by the way.  So fear not.  There are local folks that know this environment.  It has been over 2 years since we last filled a pick position so what local resumes I do have are probably of little use.   Feel free to email me if I can be of further help.

Steve Douglas
MBMS, LLC
Newark, DE
sdouglas(removethis)@mbms.net

Ross Ferris

Feb 2, 2016, 9:22:43 PM2/2/16
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
Hi Jordan,

Also do you know if you are using a "software package" (that people on this list may have worked on before), OR was all of the software you use developed inhouse by your own programmers.

If the price was right I'd move from Australia ..... ahhh, forget that, just saw what the weather is like :-)

I'm sure you will find someone here - you could also try the Pick User Group on Linked in

Matt Hart

Feb 3, 2016, 9:19:57 AM2/3/16
to mvd...@googlegroups.com

Jordan-

Nathan Rector referred to my company prior; my name is Matt Hart and I have specialized in the PICK marketplace since 1988

I recruit to fill full-time & contract positions throughout the country and have extensive candidate contacts in the Philadelphia area

Please feel free to reach out to me at either 212 967 1625 or m...@eslny.com and I can go into greater detail on how I can assist you and solve your problem quickly

Matt Hart/Recruiting Manager
PICK/U2/Ellucian(Banner + Colleague) Recruiting & Consulting
Execu-Sys, Ltd
(800)423-1964 x302/Direct Line (212)967-1625
Authorized Rocket U2 Reseller